016

16
-

Why don't you walk away?
Hey, hey?

—————————————

I was incredibly uncomfortable.

"Why are they wearing curtains for clothing..?"
Mike had whispered into my ear, but still managed to be slightly above average volume.

"Mike! Shut up, you're embarrassing yourself, it's their culture."
"Their clothing is still odd."

And just like that, a middle aged woman, wearing a dress of navy blue and light pink, her hair done in a crown-like bun around her head, with jewelry sticks* decorating it, had shrieked as if she witnessed murder. She rushed to Chun Hei, grabbing her clothing and scolding loudly,
"Why are you wearing western clothing!? It's disastrous."

"I live in France... of course I would wear western clothing..."
She mumbled, clearly distressed by her family member's presence, her voice was no louder than a mouse's squeak.

"Go get changed right this instance!"
"But Auntie..."
"Jigeum!"
"Ne..."

She took the folded cloths from her Aunt's hands, shamefully, as if her pride had been shattered, and went into the bathroom to change.

How dare she talk to Chun Hei like that!?
In order to refrain from doing anything horrid, I balled my fights tightly, digging my nails into my skin, letting a annoyed Tch escape my lips.

"That's a bit harsh don't you think, Ae-Beom?"
"No! No niece of mine will wear western clothing when she's around me!"

By then, Chun Hei's brother had walked out of his room, into the living room, while fixing his tie. That's right, I'm at Chun Hei's house while her relatives are visiting.
Instantly this Ae-Beom woman, got up from her chair, hugging Chun Won.

"Oh! Wow~! Look at you, so handsome in a suit and tie."
She gleamed, helping him straighten out his uniform.

So it's fine for him to western clothing but not Chun Hei? Fucking bitch.
I would plan to kill her, but I figured, I needed to give her some heeling time for now.

After a few, unbearable minutes, with Chun Hei's family talking in Korean, and Erwin, Miche and me creating our little bubble space, she finally came out, wearing the clothes her aunt had given her. I stared at her, stunned by how beautiful she looked. It was similar to her Aunt's, though a pink top and light green skirt.

"Oh Chun Hei! You are so beautiful when you were traditional clothing!"

"She's always beautiful."
I growled slightly in under my breath, annoyed and tired of keeping my mouth shut

The two girls simply looked at me, as well as a few of her other family members, until Erwin cleared his throat loudly, awkwardly, before they resumed talking in Korean.

The get together was awful. The air was thick with tension for no necessary reason.
Her family tried to interact with me for the most part, including Miche and Erwin, who became more interactive than me.