Chapter 31: I Lie and Say That You're Not on My Mind

A/N: Hey guys...sorry about the wait, but this is a longer chapter to make up for it :)

Recap: “Hey.” Logan answered like he always did.

            “Hhhhh-hi” I stuttered out, trying to hold back tears. My throat was hurting like crazy, and my voice sounded horse.

            “Sam what’s wrong?” he asked, concerned.

            “Can you just come get me?” That was all that I could make out. I was too mad, upset, and confused to talk, or make sense of this all.

            “Yeah, of course. I’ll be right there, hang tight.” I shook my head up and down as if he could see me and cut off the call. I covered my face with my hands and they filled with tears.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Within what felt as hours, although really 20 minutes, I heard a door slam and saw a pair of sneakers by a slight glance between my fingers and bowed head.

            “Are you ok?” Logan looked down and sat down next to me on the cool concrete. He bent his knees and laid his palms on the ground. I didn’t acknowledge him because right now, I felt betrayed, hurt, and violated. “Sam.” He touched my cheek, and gently turned my head so I was facing him. “Are you ok?” He asked me again, his hazel eyes looked sincere, and his soft touch made my stomach flip. “What happened?”

            I straightened myself up and tried to explain and recount what happened. I felt my insides twist and turn with every word that came out my mouth. I could see that he was trying to hold his anger in against Parker as he was softly swearing under his breath. I felt the malicious jabs of every whispered syllable, and wished he would just do something. I know if Luke were here, he wouldn’t have been thinking and already be over there, not even waiting for me to finish my story, but when I did, Logan said one thing, and one thing only.

            “He’s a dead man.”

            “Promise me you won’t do anything.” I looked at him, my eyes still slightly teary.

            “Hmff.” He let air escape his nose sharply, then looked at me. “He could’ve raped you.” I never thought about it like that. He could’ve. Parker didn’t seem like he was going to stop, and if I didn’t I would’ve been another girl in court trying to support a rape case I would probably lose because of his pull in LA. Logan’s eyes softened and he wiped a tear from my face.

            “But we’re the same age.” I sniffled and rubbed my nose with my forearm.

            “Doesn’t matter. Sex without consent is rape, Sam.”

            “Promise me.” I pleaded with him, hoping that he would just drop it for now, because if Aunt Sasha, or better yet, my father find out...I’ll be in for it. He didn’t say a word, until he took in a deep breath and let it out slowly.

            “Fine.” He took my hand, helping me get up from my spot on the ground. I linked my arms around his neck and gave him a hug. I exhaled in and out, feeling my heart beat against his chest. I didn’t quite break the embrace but I moved my head back to look at his face, and a questionable emotion came over me. I kissed him. A quick kiss but I kissed him. I broke away immediately and I stood back a little. I was shocked I did that. He gave me a confused look, but a smile.