Chapter 30: Bombs are Blasting and Its Everywhere

Lately I’ve been spending a lot of time with Parker, and I really think I’m falling for him. Paparazzi follows us everywhere because apparently we were the ‘it’ couple at the moment, but that didn’t change the fact that he was still his quirky self. I liked that side of him, he didn’t have to be perfect, he was just Parker. Today I was supposed to meet him at the Rockmeyer Studios during his recording time for a lunch break. I tugged at my headphones that isolated me from the world and hung it around my neck, as I headed into the car that Parker had sent for me.

            The not too long ride over to the studios ended abruptly when I saw the car make a sharp turn from the front of the studio to the back door near the dumpster.

            “I’m really sorry Sam, but this is just for security reasons.” Paulie, the driver told me as he unlocked the doors.

I didn’t blame him, the amount of fans swarmed outside had their ‘I Love You Parker’ signs and were screaming his name. Fan girls…he’s not god, he’s a human being like me and you no need to be so obsessed, although I bet it’s flattering. I walked through the metal door and was directed to studio C, where his producer was sitting in the control room, while Parker was in the recording booth, isolated from the noise and stress of outside. I took a seat on the couch while I listened to the playback of what he was singing with the producer. I was bobbing my head to the beat of the song, but I couldn’t quite get it out of my mind the familiarity of the song, just more produced now. I heard the chorus come in again for which I’m assuming is the last time.

Because, you are…

The rays to the shining sun.

The light til my day is done.

And I just wanna know you, and show you how much I care.

You are,

The rainbow to the stormy sky,

And I’ve been waiting all night to do one thing. To do one thing…

I may not have a diamond ring,

But baby, I can sing, it out, for you.

I wanna get to know you…

Oh wow…that was the song he wrote about me. My heart fluttered, and I smiled like I’ve never smiled before. Of course only he and I would know who that song was about, but I love those inside secrets, it made me feel special, and I liked that. He took off his headphones and looked at his producer for the okay, and then spotted me. Parker smiled, and exited the booth immediately, almost tripping over the tangled wires near the mic. He walked over to me, giving me a huge hug.

            “I missed you.” He said softly and I smiled at him. His slightly curly brown hair was peeking out from under the hood of his snug grey sweater.

            “Me too.” When he smiled his nose scrunched up a little in one of the most adorable ways. “And I couldn’t help but notice the song you’re recording” I decided to hint in.

            “It’s our song. And I also wanted you to come today to help me with something.” He held my hand and turned to face the control table.

            “Which is?” I asked, unsure of what he had in mind, because by now I’ve noticed Parker has men at his feet, although he never treats them that way at all.

            “I want you to sing backup on the track with me.”

            “Darn…and to think that I would be lying low…” I said under my breath just loud enough so I knew he would hear it clearly. I smirked a little, and Parker just shook his head.