Chapter 20: It All Begins Now

Recap: I had a whirlwind of a day. At first, I was startled by an annoyance, I broke down into tears to be comforted by that same annoyance, and was complimented on my singing. If everyday in Hollywood goes like this, I’ll be dead before I’m twenty.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The next few days rolled past quickly between live band rehearsals, a free day, and dress run-through of the show, I was as busy as ever. I felt so exhausted by the fast pace and schedules. In addition to all of that, Logan and I had some press conferences to attend with the other contestants. Right now, I’m hours away from my television debut.

   I was about to get on stage and perform in front of an audience and millions of people watching from the comfort of their homes. I had called Nicki earlier to fill her in on the life out here. I missed her, and all of our craziness that we did together. She missed me of course but said that Chris was throwing a viewing party at his house for support and is making all of the guests call in to vote for Logan and I. Now that was exciting, and really cool of him. He must really love Nicki. I caught her up with the photo shoot, and the new eye color. She said she already checked out our contestant bios and pictures on the duet website. She was definitely digging the changes and loved the one picture that I wish I could erase.

    I was chilling out in my dressing room at the network studio where the duet show is filmed. I was in awe that my name was plastered on the door, and it’s all my own space. I heard a knock at the door.

    “Come in!” I yelled from the couch I was stretched out on. The doorknob turned and Renee walked in with Logan. She gave me a smile.

    “Hi Sam. We have to take you guys to wardrobe to finalize your outfit for tonight.” Renee explained as I flipped around and got up from my comfortable position that I was laying in. I slipped my feet back into my sneakers and followed both her and Logan.

    We finally reached the wardrobe room and I stood there in shock of how many outfits, accessories, and shoes they had in there. Renee shuffled around the clothing and looking intently for a specific piece of attire. She pulled out a short, blue dress. It was a spaghetti strap fitted top, and went into a flowing layered ‘skirt’ section. There were small gold buttons that went down the front part. Renee then held up a pair of heels, earrings, and necklace.

    “Here. Go try this on.” She pushed all of the contents of her hands into mine and led me toward a changing room.

    I put on each garment, being extra careful. I got everything on, and I looked at my reflection in the mirror. Is this the same Samantha Collins that I knew in the sunshine state? A black haired, blue eyed, girl. Interesting.

    “How is it, Sam?” Renee asked from outside the door.

    “It looks great.” I smiled to myself.

    “Awesome. So just change out of it, and take it to your dressing room.” I opened the door after changing off and she was busy picking out Logan’s outfit. Honestly, I was pretty excited to see what he would be wearing. Renee directed me out the wardrobe room, I guess not wanting me to see Logan’s clothes.

    I got back to my room to see a texting aunt Sasha on my couch. She looked up at me and gave me a smile.

    “Hey kiddo, ready for me to do your hair?” she asked, immersed back in her cell phone.

    “Yeah, sure. Everything alright?” I replied, hanging up my clothes on the door and my accessories on my counter in front of the mirror.