Chapter 22: Look...We Need To Talk...

Recap:   I got into the elevator and my mind was racing.  I just had an amazing day. I met Parker Young, didn’t act like a complete idiot and could possibly be going out with him again. Wait until aunt Sasha finds out. Wow. And the best part was, I didn’t think about anyone else all day. Logan, who?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What the hell is this!?!” Logan yelled at me, holding up a magazine. I saw a picture of Parker and I on it with a caption that said: Who’s Parker Young’s Mystery Girl??? See Page 11 for details…

    “Oh, that’s a picture…even you should know that.” I said, brushing him off. I smirked a little and Logan just stood there.

    “Who the hell is that, that guy holding your hand?!” His anger seemed to infuriate him a little. Why was he getting so mad? I don’t get it! He just went on a date with Chloe!

    “That, Logan, is Parker Young.” I said, pointing to the name on the cover. “Can’t you read? You said you were smart.”

    “I know, but I mean, what were you doing with him?” he questioned me further. I took the magazine from his hand and opened it up to the main article page.

    “What does it look like I’m doing with him?” I raised an eyebrow and started reading the tabloid.

    “I don’t know!! That’s why I’m asking you!!”

    “Why does it even matter? Why do you care?” I asked, and now looked him straight in the eye. I didn’t have the color contacts in yet, but his glare was pretty interesting to my dark brown eyes. I had nothing to hide underneath.

    “I don’t care.”     He crossed his arms and he blinked slowly. It was pretty unconvincing.

    “Yeah, you do. You looove me.” I said, imitating him, like he did the other night.

    “Oh, god no! I can guarantee that I can barely tolerate your boring self so long.” I rolled my eyes at him and started to tell him my story of the picture.

    “Well, I went to this coffee shop and I accidentally spilled my coffee on him, and he-”

    “Klutz.” Logan interrupted. I rolled my eyes.

    “And he asked me to sit down with him” I continued.

    “You sat down with a stranger? Have you lost your mind?” He shook his head and made a tsk with his two pointer fingers.

    “He said he recognized me from one of the show’s billboards. We are on it with another few couples.” I added into his disapproval of my actions. “And I’m not a little kid, I’m almost an adult, Logan.”

    “Wait, we’re on a billboard? That’s awesome! But anyways you-”

    “I knew who he was…hello? He’s my celebrity crush… So we hung out and talked for a little, then he walked me back to the hotel.” I interrupted him this time, trying to tell my story.

    “That still doesn’t explain why he was holding your hand” Logan tried pointing out.

    “It was for the cameras, Logan. We are in Hollywood you know. It didn’t mean anything.” I told him. Hollywood has a different lifestyle, and I had to adapt.

    “Good. Because, if he lays one more hand on you. I swear he’s a dead man.” Logan squared his jaw and looked at me.

    “You can’t do that, because we are going to start hanging out, and there’s nothing you can do about it, ok?” I said simply, not even bothered with this conversation anymore.