Chapter 29: Everytime I Don't...I Almost Do

“Look, don’t talk to her that way, ok?” Logan eye’s pierced the gaze I was trying to avert.

            “Fine” I barely made out.

            “Good.” His voice was gruff…and I didn’t notice it anymore… He stormed out, and Chloe turned her head to give me one last glance before she was escorted out of my room. Her eyes narrowed, and she flashed me the most ridiculous smirk ever. Part of me wanted to….wanted to…wait…what am I even doing? What did I just say? Oh my god…why would I have just done that. I’ve never yelled at someone like that before. I just couldn’t control myself. I ran my hands over my face, and let out a deep breath. I laid on my back on the bed trying to sort everything out. I wanted to cry…but no, I’m not going to waste my tears, but on what? On Chloe? On Logan? No. There are so many other important things in life to worry about, and it’s wearing me thin. I heard a fumble at the door, and opened my eyes to see my best friend walk through it, and very carefully sat down on the bed next to me.

            “Sam, what the hell just happened?” She looked at me with concern in her light brown eyes. It felt as though a hurricane swept through leaving its debris everywhere…scattered and hopefully clearing the land to rebuild again.

            “I have no idea…” I whispered, suppressing my emotion to the best of my ability. I looked away and tried closing my eyes again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            After a few days of carefully avoiding Logan, and trying to practice hitting that note with Nicki, I was so nervous for tonight. I decided to get up, and see if aunt Sasha is in the living room. I stretched my arms over my head as I trudged near the sofa. On my way I bumped into something. I looked up to see it staring down at me. I tried to avert my gaze and he just smiled a little at me. I smiled back slightly, and he sat down on the opposite chair from me. We sat there in a very awkward silence for a while until I built up the courage to say something to him.

            “Look... I’m sorry.”

            “Hmm?” he mumbled, looking up from his phone.

            “I’m sorry for yelling at Chloe” I admitted. I genuinely felt bad now, after the fact… Stupid guilty conscious….

            “You shouldn’t be telling me this.” He finished scrolling down a page on his phone, and looked up again.

            “Why not? You’re the one who yelled at me.” I gave him a confused look. I honestly don’t know what to do.

            “You should be apologizing to her.”

            “Ha…there’s no way in hell that’s happening…” I said under my breath. She’s definitely all I said and more, but I guess she didn’t deserve me yelling at her. Yes she did.

            “What?” I shrugged him off, praying he didn’t piece anything together.

            “Um…fine… I’ll apologize.” I said reluctantly after a few moments of ‘thinking’.

            “Good” was all he replied. At least things weren’t as awkward anymore.

            “If you don’t mind me asking, why did you care so much if you are going to break up with her?” I’ve been dying to know the answer of this question since the day of the big announcement.