Chapter 16: Logan, Meet Dad

Recap:

     “I couldn’t survive that warden.” Logan said gesturing to me. “I hear that she’s thinking of buying a whip to get her point across better” he whispered loudly toward the judges and held his hand up covering the side of his mouth. I hit his shoulder and Portia laughed. “Or maybe her hand is hard enough.” He rubbed his arm and I smiled.

    “And I couldn’t stand his persisting annoyingness that seems to be part of a terminal disease that he’s plagued with.” I said, raising my eyebrow at him. Big Tiger and Thomas laughed this time. I’m so glad, they’re finding humor out of this. Smell the sarcasm?

    “Oh, ok.” Thomas smiled. “I was just curious.” We said out byes to the judges and then walked towards the door. I barely heard Thomas whisper “That’ll be interesting. They are so perfect together.” I snorted at the fact of that. Logan and I? Together? Nah.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   “How’d you guys do?” Aaron Fox asked when we walked through the double doors back into the main area. Men with video cameras surrounded us immediately and we both gave them smiles.

    “We’re going to Hollywood!!!!” I yelled and saw Nicki screaming behind them. The host gave me a hug and Logan a high five.

    “Good luck to you two!” he said enthusiastically as he patted Logan on the back. I looked at Logan and gave him a smile. He mouthed ‘You were amazing’. I almost blushed and I mouthed back ‘You too.’

    The ride back to my house was kind of surreal. I would be going to Hollywood in a few days, since this was the last audition of the show. Nicki was freaking out in the back seat and I was just listening to her going on and on about how she’ll have a famous best friend. I kept reminding her that nothing’s changed, I’m still the same Sam. I’m not famous. But according to her since I’ll be on TV, I’m technically a star. I looked over to Logan’s profile and he glanced over to me and then to Nicki in his rear view mirror. She was texting away, letting everyone know about us. I bet my mom would be proud of me. I’m chasing my dream, right? It’s just times like this when I miss her the most. Something amazing happens and she won’t be there to see me accomplish it. I always wonder what she thinks. I called Luke and my dad to tell them the good news. They both were excited for me and I couldn’t help but actually shed a tear in my happiness.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I was getting ready for the flight in few days to Hollywood and I got a call from the Sing It! producers.

    “Hi, Samantha, we are aware that you are underage, and all of our underage contestants need to have a guardian accompanying them.”

    “Ok, no problem. Is it possible that they could meet me in Hollywood, if they live there?” I asked, propping my cell phone between my ear and my shoulder.

    “Sure, I can arrange that.” The woman on the other side of the phone said.

    “Thank you so much.” I replied nicely.

    “No problem Miss Collins.” She told me before cutting off the line.

    My aunt lived in Hollywood, and I had already made arrangements with her because I knew my dad wouldn’t be able to go since he had work. Aunt Sasha, my mom’s sister, is a movie hairstylist. She has worked on some big movies with tons of celebrities. She was an awesome person, and always cool to hang out with. Logan wouldn’t have to bring anyone along, but he would be around my aunt every day. I hope she doesn’t do anything too extreme around him, she can be crazy sometimes.