Chapter 21: Maybe It Was Just Fate...

Recap:

    “You have nothing to say sweetheart, besides changing your answer from no to yes.” He raised his eyebrow at me.

    “Well…why would I do that?”

    “Because you looove me.” He said childishly, adding an emphasis on the love part. He gave me his best puppy dog face and pout.

    “I don’t love you, I tolerate you, but since you’re begging me to go with you, I will.” He gave me a smile and we stood for the final performance of the night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     A few nights ago, one couple was sent home by America. It’s interesting how this show allows voting while the show is airing live, and then someone is sent home at the end of the 2 hours. I’m happy to say that that couple wasn’t us. According to Aaron, we were one of the highest voted for that night. People actually like us. I agreed to go with Logan to get ice cream, and honestly it wasn’t too bad. We were both on a adrenaline high from the performance and ice cream was the least of my worries.

    We had a busy last few day, between a practice session with Mandi and a couple of appearances on TV. This week’s the theme was pop ballads. Logan was adamant in wanting to choose our song this week so after his begging and pleading I agreed to him. He chose ‘Somewhere Only We Know’ by Keane. I’ve heard a beautiful cover of this song as a duet, and it was amazing. I was actually excited that he chose that song. This week we decided to change it up, so the band would be backing us up instead of us playing the instruments.

    Today we had our live band rehearsal, so I was on my way to the studios with aunt Sasha. I know that Logan said he was heading there a little early to sneak a peek at the couple who had space time before us. We sat in the back of a black escalade and started the wondrous 10 minute drive (which is more like 30 min because of the LA traffic) to the Sing It! Studios. Just as I expected, horns and sirens began, and it felt like we were moving negatively. I decided I would text Nicki and check in with her since the drive would be awhile.

Me: Hey Nic, how’s life in South Florida?

Within less than half a minute she texted me back.

Nicki: Obviously not as exciting as yours. :P What’s up?

Me: Heading to the studios for a live band rehearsal.

Nicki: Sounds like fun! Well, can you tell me what song you guys are singing this week?

Me: If fun’s spending time with Logan then you can count me out…and I shouldn’t but Somewhere Only We Know.

Nicki: I love that song! Did Logan choose it? And why do you have it out for the guy?

Me: Yes…he did and I don’t know…I just, he just, makes me frustrated, and is an asshole sometimes with his self confidence. And then he can be understanding, and that’s so confusing…

Nicki: Ah, I see…

Me: That’s all you have to say?

I waited a few minutes for her reply , but never got one. Great.

    We finally arrived at the studios and I got out of the vehicle. Aunt Sasha, was behind me but told me she was going to grab an apple from the food table. I looked at my phone for the time, and realized I was just on time. I sped up my pace and opened the door to the stage very quietly, not wanting to be heard, just in case the band was playing a song.  I walked to the front of the curtains, and what and who I saw in the middle of the stage surprised me. My eyes widened at the sight.