Let Him Be

"Your Highness." Max greeted the Prince on the phone.
"Where is he right now?" Prince Zee immediately questioned Max.
"He is at a friend's house just outside the university. His friend's name is Tommy a student of the university and he used to be Mr Suppapong's school friend from Chiang Mai." Max reported.
"How is he?"
"Could have been better."
'What is that supposed to mean?"
"Your Highness... He is heartbroken. He thinks that you and Poppy purposely lied to to him out of whim. He did not know you are engaged. I think Mr Suppapong is in ..."
"Stop!" Prince Zee spat.
"Your Highness..." Max continued.
"I am not engaged!" The Prince growled.
"Your Highness... The King and Queen may not announce anything but you and I know that you WILL be engaged and be married after you graduate from university. Please Your Highness... Let Mr Suppapong be... Do not give him false hope. I pity him." Max advised Prince Zee.
"Shut up Max!"
"I am always frank with you Your Highness. I only want the best for you and the country. Right now, I want the best for Mr Suppapong as well. You broke his heart. Poppy told him the truth. He thinks he is a fool being tricked by the two of you. Imagine if he knew that I am not even his friend too." Max said before hanging up.
"Max? Max!!" Prince Zee stared at his phone.
"FUCK!" He cursed and closed his eyes in frustration.

When Prince Zee woke up the night before, he was shocked to say the least when Princess Achara was in his bedroom and not Saint. He asked the Princess the whereabouts of his roommate and he learned that he had gone to get cat food. That was when he knew something had gone terribly gone because Saint would never buy cat food as it was simply too expensive. He waited anxiously for Saint to come home only to be told by Princess Achara that Saint had gone to a friend's place. After that, he immediately called his brother asking about Saint and he was surprised to learn that Saint was not with Poppy. That was when he contacted Max and his guards to find Saint. Nobody knew where Saint was. He was worried sick. He was still unwell from the incident, if not he would be running all over the university trying to find Saint.

Prince Zee thought about what Max had told him and warned him. That Saint had feelings for him. That he could have fallen in love with him. Right now, he knew that he had broken Saint's heart. He never meant to hurt Saint. He liked him. He adored him. He loved him? The Prince shook his head. LET HIM BE. Max asked him to let Saint be. Could he? Let Saint be? Prince Zee was unsure. Would that be fair for Saint? How about him? He was the Crown Prince. He had been trained to replace his father and to rule the kingdom since he was born. The Prince knew his responsibilities to his parents, to his country and to his people. He had always known where he stood and where he was heading in life. Everything was planned since even before he was born.

    He had fallen hard for Saint. He could not deny that. Following what his heart wanted meant that he was defying his parents, defying everything that he had been training throughout his life and going against everything that had been paved for him. Did he have the courage to do so? Did he have the capacity to go against his parents' wishes? For Saint? How about Saint himself? Would he forgive him? Both of them knew that they were more than just friends and roommates. Both noticed each other's secret smiles, kisses and touches. Did Saint really think that the Crown Prince would be with him? Would fall in love with him? Prince Zee had no answers to the questions in his mind.

    Cora the cat suddenly jumped on the bed and curled on his stomach. Prince Zee massaged her body and thought about Saint. Princess Achara wanted the cats be removed from the condominium but he put his foot down and forced her and her staff to leave instead. He had never been close to the Princess. Their relationship was born out of necessity. It was a promise made by their grandparents and they had no say. She had always liked the idea of being queen. He had alway known that he was going to be the King of Thailand. At the moment, Prince Zee was unsure what he wanted. He knew he wanted Saint in his life. He knew that he liked having Saint around. Unfortunately, to what end? He would be with Princess Achara regardless. The country must have a king. The kingdom needed its future king. Where would Saint fit into this? Prince Zee was not sure. He had to decide his fate. He had to decide what was best for him and for Saint.