8 Years Later

"Maya Evangeline Panich! You get down from that tree!" Saint glared at his 5-year-old daughter who was sitting happily on a tree branch on one of the trees near the pool. She had her pink tutu and jeans on with her unruly curly hair blowing in the air.
"Get down now Young Lady!"
"Daddy! Help!" The little girl begged her father. Her beautiful eyes began to brim with unshed tears.
"I'm stuck!" She cried.
"You know how to get down from there Maya." Saint grumbled and gave his daughter the knowing look.

    Maya pouted and then huffed. Saint shook his head. Surely enough she easily scaled down the tree trunk with ease like an expert tree climber. She was her Papa's little girl and unfortunately Saint's little girl too. They spoiled her rotten. If they were not careful, she would run the whole household and the palace with her stubbornness and intelligent mind.

"What did I tell you about climbing tress?" Saint asked her.
"I must have you or Papa or Aunty Angel or Uncle Poppy or Uncle Max or Uncle Flukey or Uncle Earth...." She mumbled.
"I get it... I get it!" Saint rubbed his temple in frustration.
"Uncle Tul... Aunty Nick... Uncle Handsome Ali... Aunty..."
"Stop!" Saint raised his hand to stop his daughter from narrating her list of never ending Aunts and Uncles.
"What if you fall?" Saint questioned her.
"I never fall!" The child answered while raising her small arms in the air in exasperation.
"What if?" Saint insisted.
"I won't Daddy." She rolled her eyes.
"Don't roll your eyes Maya." Saint reprimanded his daughter.
"Papa taught me HOW to climb and I am REALLY good!" She explained. Saint was still glaring at the 5 year old.
"Papa said so!" Maya tried convincing Saint.
"And what did Papa say about climbing trees?" Saint insisted.
"That I must have you Daddy with me or Papa or..."
"Shush." Saint raised his finger.
"You asked Daddy." Maya was still pouting while obviously showing what a smart alec she was.
"It's close to dinner time... You haven't fed your pets. They are your responsibility." Saint reminded her.
"I was going to do it after I climbed down from the tree... But then I saw a squirrel in that tree Daddy. A cute baby squirrel."
"No... Leave the squirrel alone. It's not your pet."
"But Daddy..."
"No means no. Feed your chickens and your rabbits... Forget about the squirrel. Where's your brother?"
"In the library... I think." She answered.
"Feed your pets... Wash your hands and we're going to have dinner." Saint instructed.
"What about..."
"No!" Saint immediately responded.
"I haven't asked Daddy." Maya insisted.
"No Baby squirrel." Saint asserted making his daughter pout again.
"It looks so lonely."
"No Honey... It has a Mommy... You don't get near that tree again."
"Dad!"
"Promise me." Saint asked and waited.
"Daddy..."
"Promise me." Saint repeated.
"Fine... I promise." Maya finally relented.
"Now... Go." Saint pointed at the direction of Maya's chicken coop and her rabbit enclosure were located.

Saint shook his head and sighed.

"Hey Baby." Prince Zee's voice was heard and pair of arms encircled Saint's waist.
"Hi Zee." Saint sighed. He then rested his head on the Prince body.
"How's your day?" Prince Zee murmured as he kissed the crook of Saint's neck.
"With your daughter running around? Eventful!" Saint complained and the Prince laughed.
"She found a baby squirrel." Saint added.
"No..." Prince Zee responded.
"Indeed." Saint replied.
"She is definitely YOUR daughter." Prince Zee stated.
"Hah... You spoil her and she is MY daughter?" Saint grumbled and the Prince laughed.
"I have dinner ready... Now I need to find our boy." Saint informed Prince Zee.
"Let me find the boy. You make sure our little Miss Panich stay away from the baby squirrel." The Prince asserted.
"How were the online dessert classes running today?" Prince Zee asked as he turned Saint to face him.
"Quite good actually... Except when Mr Vader ate my grated carrots... Other than that... Good." Saint shared and the Prince smiled.
"That pet rabbit of hers..." Saint shook his head.
"I missed you Baby." Prince Zee murmured and kissed his husband.
"I missed you too." Saint whispered and wrapped his arms around the Prince's neck.