Forbidden

🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂
🐰🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐰
Happy Birthday to Mr ZEE PRUK PANICH
I am uploading this chapter much earlier than anticipated in conjunction with your birthday
🐰🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐰
🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂

Saint woke up exceptionally early that morning. He had been practicing relentlessly for the past few weeks. He would go to his grandfather's restaurant so that he could use the kitchen there after the restaurant was closed. He would also ask for his grandfather's opinion on the desserts he made. He had a list of 4 dessert dishes that he wanted to try but at the end of it, he decided to choose a dish called Forbidden. He named it after watching Reynold Poernomo cooking something similar on Masterchef Australia and was inspired by it. Forbidden, just like his desire to have Prince Zee to love him. The impossible. The unattainable. The perfect dessert to represent how he felt and what he was facing.

    His parents also woke up early that morning fussing about Saint and whether he had breakfast and whether he needed anything. Saint was grateful that his parents supported him and not once complained to him about quitting school. They understood him. His parents were also 100% behind him in his quest for apprenticeship at Tul's Crazy Concoction. They were happy that he was no longer locking himself in his room while refusing to eat nor talk to anyone. Saint's father knew everything as he had told his old man. His mother knew that someone broke his heart really really bad without knowing who the person was.

    That morning, Saint and his parents uploaded everything that Saint needed in the family car and drove to Tul's Crazy Concoction. When they arrived there, they realised that there were so many young people who wanted to apprentice there. Saint's father had to park the car about a block away and they had to lug everything to the restaurant. There were 6 rounds that day where 7 people would be making their desserts in each round. Saint was informed that they would know the results on that day itself. Saint found everything exciting, exhilarating and scary at the same time. His parents wished him the best and he took his first step into the restaurant. He was directed to a station and he smiled as he hoped for the best. Then, he started making his dessert, Forbidden.

*******************************************************

"Good day. My name is Saint Suppapong and I am 18 years old. I am a local resident here in Chiang Mai. I have here a dessert called Forbidden." Saint stood nervously in front of the owner of Tul's Crazy Concoction introducing the dessert dish he had prepared that day.
"Tell me about this dessert." Tul Pakorn asked.
"It is a chocolate mousse inside with a raspberry coulis coated with chocolate ganache and cocoa butter. I also added some raspberry and strawberry on chocolate soil." Saint explained.
"That's it?" Tul teased the young man.
"Oh yes... No... I'm sorry... and I also have some raspberry sorbet." Saint added to Tul's amusement.
"Young man... This is spectacular. I love the colours you have on the plate." Tul commended.
"Time to taste." Tul said and he cut into the chocolate ganache and the raspberry coulis in the middle of the chocolate mousse oozed out.
"Mr Suppapong... the moment of truth." Tul scooped the mousse and the coulis together with the chocolate ganache in one big heap and ate. Saint licked his lips nervously. Tul savoured the dessert while studying Saint who was staring back him agitatedly.
"Mr Suppapong."
"Yes Chef?"
"This dessert has all the elements to be great... but you need balance." Tul smiled as he explained. Saint on the other hand nodded.
"You try the dessert. Then, you tell me what you need to do." Tul said. Saint tasted his dessert and thought for a while.
"What do you think Mr Suppapong?"
"The chocolate ganache is too overwhelming... it drowns the raspberry flavours." Saint commented.
"Good observation. Thank you Mr Suppapong." Tul said.
"Why is the name... Forbidden?" Tul questioned as he studied Saint.
"I guess sometimes a dessert can be something forbidden to some. Yet, you still want it because once you tasted heaven... even though it is forbidden... You still crave for it." Saint explained.
"Have you ever experienced that Mr Suppapong?"
"Yes." Saint whispered.
"Do you still crave... The... Forbidden?" Tul waited for Saint's reply. The young man seemed contemplative.
"Yes Chef. I do unfortunately." Saint answered and smiled sadly.
"Thank you Mr Suppapong." Tul said before he moved to the next cook with her dessert.