The Kidnapper

15 YEARS AGO

The palace was in uproar. Prince Zee Pruk Panich III was missing. The 5 year old crown Prince of Siam was supposed to be at the royal stable to ride his prized Arabian stallion that afternoon. The stallion was a present bestowed upon him by the Sultan of Brunei. His nanny was talking to the equine trainer about his riding practice when they realised that the crown prince had disappeared. The Royal Guards were dispatched to find the missing prince. They scanned all the CCTV footage to locate the prince but due to the sheer number of CCTV footage, they had problems detecting the prince. King Dusit Alexander Pruk Panich and Queen Kamon Victoria Pruk Panich were at their tethers worried sick about their son. The Royal Secret Service were summoned to assist the Royal Guards find Prince Zee Pruk Panich III.

The Royal Secret Service briefed the King and Queen about the potential hostage situation. The palace had been receiving threats from some militia group from the north for the past few years. They had not done anything, nevertheless they had to be prepared for anything. The Queen nearly fainted when she heard about the militia group. She begged the King to make sure that their prince was safe. The King, the Royal Secret Service and the Royal Guard began formulating the best course of actions that would ensure the return of the Crown Prince.

**************************************************************************************

"Hi pretty butterfly." Prince Zee Pruk Panich III greeted the small butterly fluttering over a yellow flower.
"You are so beautiful." The prince gushed.

    He pursed his cute mouth in concentration to catch the colourful insect and stretched his chubby arms. The butterfly flew to his face instead and rested on the young prince's nose. Prince Zee giggled and that made the insect zipped up into the air. The prince looked up in awe.

"Come back pretty butterfly." He begged.

    The insect simply flew up and down in the air for a while before resting on a bed of red roses. The prince tiptoed towards the bed of roses. The butterfly was flapping its colourful wings there. The prince knelt slowly and extended his right arm towards the butterfly.

"I'm your friend." Prince Zee murmured to the insect.
"Come to me pretty... I command you!" The prince commanded. Nevertheless, the butterfly refused to do anything the prince commanded.
"Come to me... Please?" His voice softened.

He continued to beg and grovel for the butterfly to fly to him yet it stubbornly rested on the rose. Prince Zee was getting a little annoyed and stomped his feet commanding the colourful butterfly to follow his orders. He then gave up and waddled slowly away the rose bush. He was about to pluck a weed when he heard something behind him. He turned around and saw another child. Younger than him. The child smiled at him. The child had a mass of wild curly hair and an utterly adorable face. The child was wearing a pink shirt and black shorts.

"Hello." Prince Zee greeted warmly.
"Ello."
"What's your name?"
"Aint."
"Aint?" The Prince asked quizzically and the child nodded.
"Want to be my friend, Aint?" The Prince asked again and the child grinned.
"I like your shirt. It's pretty. You are pretty too." Prince Zee commented while the other child giggled.
"My name is Prince Zee Pruk Panich III and I am the Crown Prince of Siam." The older child introduced himself politely.
"Pinch Jee."
"No.. no... It's Prince Zee Pruk Panich III." He corrected.
"Pinch Jee!"
"I'm Prince Zee..."
"Jeeeeeee!" Aint giggled. The young Prince smiled and accepted the fact that he was 'Jee'.
"Do you want to see fishes?" The Prince asked while offering his hand to Aint.
"Jee have pish?" Aint's eyes gleamed.
"Yes... Jee has fish." The prince smiled at the beautiful young child.
"Aint like pish." Aint muttered.
"You do? I like them too." The Prince answered.
"Aint like Jee. Jee nice."
"Thank you." Prince Zee bowed and that made the other child clapped.