Memories Of Yesterday

"Suppapong... Move you face!" Prince Zee grumbled.
"Let me sleep." Saint mumbled.
"I need to get ready but you need to move your face from my chest and stop hugging me first." The Prince bellowed.
"You're so noisy." Saint continued to close his eyes and wrapped his arms around the warm body of the Prince under the duvet tighter.
"Suppapong..."
"What..." Saint murmured.
"Move!"
"This is so nice." Saint snuggled deeper under the duvet.
"Hey... Hey... I am not a pillow." Prince Zee complained but he had a faint smile on his face.
"You smell nice." Saint whispered and continued to snore lightly.
"I have class in an hour Suppapong and you too. WAKE UP!"
"5 more minutes." Saint muttered.
"That's what you said just now!" The Prince smiled down at the sleeping face of his roommate.
"5 minutes..." The sleepyhead mumbled.
"That's it Suppapong... We cannot afford to be late." Prince Zee said with a gleam in his mischievous eyes.

The Prince tickled Saint's waist and his roommate immediately yelled out. He then struggled to move away from Prince Zee's fingers that were tormenting him. Saint giggled and laughed and tried all his might to pry Prince Zee's fingers.

"Stop! Please!" Saint begged as he laughed.
"Serve you right Suppapong!" The Prince was relentless.
"I am up! I'm up! Stopppppp!!!!" Saint continued to giggle while grinning at Prince Zee who was smiling above him.
"You need to make breakfast." The Prince said.
"I know... I know... Let go!" Saint smiled at him and touched the Prince's face.
"What are you thinking Suppapong?" Prince Zee whispered.
"Nothing..." Saint whispered as he continued staring at the Prince. He smiled and moved his fingers slowly on Prince Zee's face.
"Nothing?" The Prince smiled and tried bitting one of Saint's fingers nearest to his mouth. Saint yelped and laughed.
"I need my finger to cook." Saint muttered.
"Have mercy Suppapong... I'm RAVENOUS!" Prince Zee stared down at Saint and smiled.
"Ravenous for what?" Saint whispered and nervously swallowed. There was a long silence.
"For BREAKFAST!" The Prince said and continued tickling his roommate as Saint giggled away.

Prince Zee opened his eyes. He stared at the empty pillow and bed next to him. It was another dream. A dream that was more of a memory of Saint and him. He slowly pushed himself up. He closed his eyes trying to calm his mind. It had been months since Saint had gone back to Chiang Mai. He personally had no idea what Saint was doing not because he did not care but if he knew; he might have second thoughts on the decision he made months ago. He had gone to see a psychiatrist to talk about his drinking habits and the doctor had slowly been helping him with his addiction. To even admit that he had addiction was actually good. As it was the first step towards recovery. Max had been a staunch helper in his recovery making sure he made the right choice and ensuring his safety. Only his mother knew what actually happened and why he made such decisions. It was for the best. For him and for Saint.

He got down from the bed and walked into the living room. Then, he went to Saint's old bedroom and opened it. Cora and her four kittens gathered around his feet meowing for attention. He had named the kittens based on famous chefs' names. It did not matter because they were his and Saint. Saying Saint's name in his heart made his heart bled every time. That searing pain that only his heart knew. He smiled and grabbed the fattest of the bunch named Gordon a.k.a Gordon Ramsay because he was the grumpiest of the four. He would hiss at the Prince even though he had grown up around Prince Zee all his kitten life. The Prince kissed its nose and it hissed again to the Prince's delight. He sometimes wondered how would Saint feel if he could see how big the kittens had grown since they were born. The Prince sighed and checked on the food and the water for his beloved pets.

Everything in his condominium would remind him of Saint. His mother did ask him whether he should move to another place but this was the only place where he could reminisce the memories he shared with Saint. He would stay there until he graduated. He would keep the memory of Saint alive until the day he had to leave the condominium, the university and the memory when he had to get engaged and marry Princess Achara. His room reminded him of Saint. He would play with Cora and her kittens every day before going to class and sometimes after dinner with him. The kitchen especially reminded him of Saint. He would be in his apron while cooking or baking. He would hum his favourite song while smiling happily as he cooked or baked. Prince Zee's heart throbbed with pain again. He wondered if he ever could forget Saint, but he knew he would not be able to do so forever.