I Miss Dad

As I arrive at Jacobs school, I take Alice out of her car seat and run with her to the school office where I already see Jake sitting on a chair. While I'm running, I kinda notice that my clothes today look pretty much like Harry's style. These ripped skinny jeans and that white shirt.. There's only the hat missing to make it a perfect Harry Styles style.

"Baby! What happened?" I ask with a heavy breath and run to Jake.

"I.. I just wa-wanted to pro-protect daddy" he stutter with a very whiny voice as I just hug him as tight as possible while feeling him hugging me with one arm and Alice with the other.

"You wanted to protect Harry? Baby why?" I ask and look at his little face. All the blood breaks my heart into a million pieces.

"He said mean things about dad... He said that dad is a cheater and things like that."

"Babe, who said that?" I ask him already feeling tears in my eyes because of the thought that someone hurt my baby boy.
Jacob points on a boy who's sitting on a chair in the corner. That boy doesn't seem to have any injuries at all

"And what did you say to him? You wanted to protect dad so what have you done?"

"Uhm... I punched him. But I'm sorry mom! I'm sorry and I promise I'll never do that again I know it was wrong. I'm sorry!" Jake says with a whiny voice.

"Babe it's okay." I say as Mrs Parker comes out of the school office and walks to me.

"Hello Mrs Parker. Jacob told me already what happened and he promised to never do that again. He's very sorry for what he's done"

"It wasn't Jacobs fault. Spencer here-" the boy in the corner stands up and goes to Mrs Parker.

"Spencer said things to Jacob about his father Harold which are absolutely not okay." Mrs Parker explains as I take a quick look at Spencer who looks on the ground while moving from one foot to the other.

"I'm sorry..." He mumbles. It actually really surprises me that this guy can have such a little and cute voice. He honestly doesn't look like that.

"Uhm mrs Parker, what shall we do now? I'm sorry but I'm not able to leave Jacob here. Please take a look at his face, this is not okay. Can I please take him with me?"

"Yes of course! That's why I wanted you to come Mrs Styles."

"Thank you." I say and take Jake's backpack.

"Goodbye Jacob. And get well soon" Jake's lovely class teacher smiles and we leave the school

As we arrive back home I tell Jake to lay down on the couch which he instantly does.
I take a wet towel and start cleaning his face very carefully, trying to leave his curls which are hanging in his face dry.
He looks terrible.. But somehow this whole situation reminds me of Harry.

"Mom. I'm sorry" Jacob snaps me out of my thoughts as I grab a blanket and cover him carefully with it.

"It's okay darling" I say and sit down next to him while he stares at his bracelet on his tiny arm

"You got it from Harry, right?"

"Yes. That was one of his presents for my birthday" Jake smiles

"You miss him, right?"

"Yes. I miss dad... But he was he-"

"I know" I interrupt my baby with a small smile.

"You know what?" I stand up and take my phone out of my purse

"We call Harry now."

"Really?" Jake says and stands up as well while pulling a painful face

"No no no! You stay there" I chuckle and walk to him.

I dial Harry's number and call him but the only thing that I hear is his mailbox. I try it over and over again but it's always only the mailbox.

"What about you call uncle Liam?" Jacob suggests and I do exactly what he just said.

"Liam? Is Harry with you?" I ask him with kind of a worried voice

"Harry? Uhm no. He's not here. I'm sorry."

"Do you know where he is?" I ask and feel Jake taking my hand carefully as if he noticed that something's wrong with me.

"I don't know but he said he wants to have time for himself."

"Hm okay. Thanks anyways!" I say and hang up.

"He's not there, right?" Jacob says and lays down on the couch again.

"No but I'll try to call him later again. I won't give up, babe."

"Thank you mom." Jake says and gives me a kiss on my cheek before I stand up and start making lunch.