Only 2 Months

"The doctor.. The doctor told me that I have cancer, Brooklyn! Cancer!" Harry shouts as it feels like everything inside of me breaks into millions of pieces

"W-what?" I stutter while Harry keeps staring at me

"He gave me 2 months! Just 2 months with my family and loved ones! I didn't want to tell you about it because I knew that it's going to break your heart and I hate that!" Harry says and leaves the house as I feel the glass of water slipping through my shaky hands till it falls on the ground.

"Mom!" I hear Jake calling and see him running to me as fast as he can while I feel my legs getting weak till I sit on the ground.

"Mommy!! What happened!!"

Just now I notice my bloody leg and hand. Seems like the glass fell directly on my foot and I probably touched the broken glass while sitting down.

"Mom hold up!" Jake shouts and grabs a towel to wrap it around my foot.

"What happened?" He sobs and puts a few of the broken pieces to the side before he sits down next to me while caressing through my hair the same way as I do it when he cries.

"N-nothing..." I mumble and wipe my tears away as Jake just hugs me tight

"Brook, Jacob!! Harry shouts as he enters the house again and sees me and Jake sitting on the floor with blood everywhere around us.

"Shit!" He shouts and helps me standing up carefully.
I try to stand up by my own but somehow I can't. It's like I'm in a completely shock moment and nothing's working anymore

"Are you alright?" Harry asks with a whiny voice but this time it's like he's not crying because of the cancer thing, it's more that he's crying because of seeing the blood everywhere

"I'm sorry! I shouldn't have left you alone!" He apologizes and lifts me on the counter in the kitchen which makes it easier for him to clean my foot

"It wasn't your fault Harry" I whisper and still feel some tears running down my cheeks.

"I'm so sorry" he mumbles

"What happened?" Jake asks as I see the blood on his white t-shirt.
I feel so sorry that he saw me like that...

"N-nothing Jake" I stutter, knowing that he won't believe me

Suddenly some is ringing the doorbell and Harry makes his way to open whoever's there the door quickly.

Louis?" I hear Harry's asking voice

"Harry, are you alright? Where's Brook?" I hear Louis' lovely but somehow worried angel voice and already see him walking to me in the kitchen.

"Oh shit, Brook!" He shouts and speeds up his steps.

"Louis, what are you doing here?" I ask while he just stares at me before he notices Jake.

"I don't know... I felt like something's wrong so I wanted to check" Louis explains and lifts Jake up. He looks at every visible inch oh his little body and breaths out deeply as if he's happy that the blood on Jake's shirt has nothing to do with injuries on his body.

"What happened?" Louis asks as I still can't believe that he's here. I mean.. That's kinda magical that he felt that something's wrong.

"L-Louis? H-how did you... Know?" I stutter

"I don't know. I just had this weird feeling" he explains as I begin to smile a little bit

"You're the best" I whisper and give him a tight hug

"So, what hap-"

"I just stumbled and dropped my glass..." I say and look at Harry who's about to throw the pieces of broken glass away.

"and then I accidentally stepped in the broken pieces. Nothing terrible" I continue and already notice Jake's confused glance.

"But mommy, you cried" he whispers as Louis widens his eyes

"Um.. Jake? You wanna come play at my house? If so, then go pack some things and put a new shirt on" Louis smiles as Jake throws an asking glance at me.
I just nod and Jake runs in his room

"What happened?" Louis asks again and walks a bit closer to me.

"Umm..." I mumble and feel a few tears in my eyes. I don't know why but I somehow want Harry to tell him what happened. I'm afraid that these few tears in my eyes will turn to a real crying.

"Harry?" Louis shouts as Harry walks to us with a sad glance

"Can someone of you explain what happened?" Louis voice gets a bit louder as Harry sits down next to me on the kitchen counter.

"Louis... You know I was at the doctors about 2 weeks ago?"

"Because of the pain and swelling in your knee? Yeah, you told me about it"

"And umm.. I got a second appointment because they made a biopsy?"

"A biopsy? Why?" Louis voice gets louder again as he looks upstairs and hears Jake making some noises as if he's looking for some toy in his room.

"Why?" Louis lowers his voice

"Umm... I have... Canc-"

"No!" Louis shakes his head as I believe to see a few tears in his eyes.

"I... No! This is like a nightmare. First the drama with Brook and now you? What happens next?"

"Louis" I try to calm him down and pull him closer to me

"I had this whole situation of living in fear to lose a loved one with you already, Brookie. I don't wanna go through this again" he whispers as I just have to cry with him.

"Nothing's gonna happen. I'm a fighter, you know that" Harry tires to cheer us up as Jake is coming back down to us.

"Uncle Louis? Are you alright?" He stutters and looks deep in his uncle's eyes

"Y-yes I am. Let's go." Louis wipes his tears away and tries to look normal as Jake gives me and Harry a hug before they leave the house.