First Word

Harrys P.O.V:

The next day Jake, Alice and me go in the hospital to visit Brook again.

"Jake, hurry up!" I shout and go out of the house.

Jacob runs to me with a red book in his hand and a giant smile on his face.

"What's that?" I ask him while he sits down in his car seat next to Alice.

"A book. I want to read it with mommy today" Jake looks at his book with a mixture of sad and excited glance.

"Well, I want to read it for her."

With this sentence of Jake I sit down and we drive to the hospital.

At the hospital I go with Alice in my arm and Jacob at my hand in Brooks room. Seems like I walked this way a million times already.

I open the door and walk inside the room.

Brook still looks like months ago. She still looks sad and terrible. Just like the flowers next to her bed which Ashton bought her a month ago.

Jacob goes to her, kisses her carefully and sits down next to her.

"I want to read this with you." He says and starts to talk about the pictures in his book.

5 minutes later Jacob told Brook about every page in his book. I lay Alice carefully and slowly on Brook's chest.

Alice looks at her mommy with her gorgeous shining blue eyes. She looks so much like Brook, it's unbelievable.

Suddenly it seems like Alice starts talking but in that typical baby-language. She looks at Brook and touches her cheek. Jacob leans in to give Brook a kiss on the right cheek as Alice does exactly the same on her left cheek. They both kiss her at the same time. It's beautiful to see my big boy with his little sister being so nice to their mom...

I look at my kids and start dreaming a little bit about what would be if Brook wouldn't be in coma right now as I start to believe that Brook moves.

Yeah, she wanted to raise her hand to touch the kids. I go to Brook with quick steps and look at her with raised eyebrows.

"Brook? Honey ? Can you hear me???" I yell but she doesn't move. It seems like I just imagined that she was moving. With a huge disappointment I sit down on the chair in the corner of the room.

Jacob lays down next to Brook, with his head on the right side of her chest and Alice still lays on the left side.

Jacob's sad face is breaking my heart. I don't want him and Alice to grow up without a mother.

I turn my head to the huge window of Brook's room but from the corner of my eye, I keep looking at Brook.

I see Alice trying to touch her mothers cheek as Brook moves again!

But this time, she really smiles and takes Alice's little hand.

I instantly jump up and call a nurse while feeling my heart jumping up with me.

Just a few seconds later a nurse starts checking Brook.

"I'm sorry Mr Styles. Your wife is still in coma" she says and goes away as I look at Jacob, hoping that he saw Brook moving.

But it seems like he didn't notice anything. Instead, he whispers

"I love you mom".

And as Jacob says 'mom' Alice says it at the same time.

Yes, Alice just said her first word!

"Daddy! Alice said mom! Did you hear it? She said mom!" Jake shouts with an excited voice

Yeah, I heard it" I say with a smile and give Jacob a kiss on the cheek as suddenly someone knocks on the door.

"I'm sorry Mr Styles but you have to leave. The visiting time is over" a friendly nurse says quietly as I stand up and give Brook a loving kiss on her beautiful lips.

"Mom" Alice whispers again ."

I smile proudly at my young daughter as Brook opens her eyes!