27

Madison's POV

Finally, yesterday I submitted my uni applications. I knew I already had a place in Bradofrd's community college but, I wanted to try a university out of Bradford. I sent one to London University and even one as far as the States. Yale if to be precised. 

"Madison please come down stairs!" Mother yelled loudly.

I groaned and opend the door to my room to head down the stairs. The house was empty today since Mitchell and Robert were out doing I don't even what. I took slow steps down the stairs until my foot reached the last stair. Mum was sitting at the kitchen table with bills spread out on the table.

"Yes?" I tried to sound as pleasant as possible so nothing would provoke her to scream at me.

"Sit, please" she urged me.

I sat down on a sat across from her and looked at her. She wore her glasses and her hair was up in a pony tail. She tossed some papers on the floor, obviously garbage. 

"Where is Josie today?" I asked her.

"I gave her the day off. Everyone needs a break once in a while right?" she didn't look up at me. 

She continued to work on the bills and signing checks.

"Tell me Madison why you decided to skip school when Robert and I were out of town?" She spoke calmly.

"Uhh well.. you know...I..it was just really stupid. A-and I will never do it again Mum. I said I was sorry and I do mean it. I don't know what went through my head. Maybe it was because- That boy that came to the house?" She interrupted me.

"No!" My face turned red and I shook my head.

"Are you sure?" She now made eye contact with me. She had an icy glare.

"Yes, I'm positive" it was Harry anyway.

"Then you aren't ever going to make a mistake like that again will you?" She asked.

"Yes, I'm sorry Mum" 

"So you are doing everything right now? Your mind is fully functioning now?" 

"Yes Mum"

"Are you sure?"

"I said yes, geez! How many times do I have to say it?"

"Do you have a boyfriend?" She asked me.

My breath hitched and caught something went wrong because I coughing and basically choking. I was choking on nothing but, air. I couldn't help it, that question came out of no where. When my coughing died down she looked up at me.

"Do you?" She kept going.

"Mum why would you think like that?" I frowned trying to keep up with this lie.

"You're seventeen and you're gorgeous. I'm sure boys have been at your feet this year since you got your braces off last Summer" she said.

"No Mum, you wouldn't even allow it" I looked at my hands.

"You're right I don't allow it. And when I ask my daughter a question I hope she would answer with honestly so, when I hear from a teacher that you've been kissing a sleaze bag in the front of school just after the dismissive bell it makes me very upset Madison" she had a frown on her face.

"How many times have I told you that you aren't allowed to have a boyfriend?" she put her pen down on the table.

"Madison how many times?"

"Several"

"That's right. I've told you several times. You are too young. I was in a bad place after your father left us. I don't want you to ever go through that or experience it. I was alone, I had nobody and then I had you. I had to keep going no, only for you but, for me too" she rambled.