40

Previously in chapter 39...

He threw the piece of glass on the floor, but his hands made way to my neck.

It happened so fast, I couldn't breathe. My hands immediately wrapped around Harry's wrist as I tried to pry his hands off my neck.

I began to cough uncontrollably as the need for air became more and more urgent.

"H-Harr-" I tried.

He was so angry, I could see it in his face. I was going to die.

My legs started to give out and I could feel the room start to spin. He finally let go of me and I fell immediately to the ground. I was next consumed by darkness.

Chapter 40...

Madison's POV

I was running in the middle of the forest. Everywhere I turned all I could see was green. Green bushes, green trees, green leaves. I can hear my name being called in the distance. I snapped my head in the direction I believe I heard my name being called.

I could see Zayn encouraging to follow him through the unclear past.

"Hurry," he said.

I tired to catch up to him, but it was so hard when all the tree branches kept getting in the way of view. I could faintly see him getting smaller and smaller as I tried to reach him.

"Zayn! Wait, Zayn!"

I jolted up and started to panting repeatedly. I look around the room where I found myself in a bed with white bed sheets on.

I immediately felt uncomfortable and sore around my neck. I put my hands on it to feel what was wrong and I quickly retract my hand, feeling pain at the touch of my neck.

"Why were you calling his name?"

I gasped as heard his voice. I look at Harry who has been sitting in a chair on one side of the room.

"W-what?"

"You said his name in your sleep. What were you dreaming about?" he asked.

"I d-don't k-know," I lied.

"Fair enough."

I don't remember ever getting to bed yesterday. Harry had been so violent and angry. I started to replay the events that occurred yesterday. A cold shiver ran through my body.

"Sleep well babe?" he asked me.

I stared at him nervously. Why was he acting as if nothing happened last night?

"Did you lay me down here?" I asked.

"Yes, I wanted you to be comfortable," he answered plainly.

There was a moment of silence.

"Where did you sleep?" I asked.

"I didn't. I stayed here watching you," he licked his lips.

I felt uncomfortable and exhausted. The more I talked the more my throat hurt and started to throb. I noticed that I was not in the dress I wore to the wedding. I was wearing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt I made sure to pack on the trip.

"Did you change me?"

"I wanted you to be comfortable. Is it really so hard for you to understand?"

I got up from the bed and scratched the back of my head. My eyes caught the mirror and I gasped at the sight of my neck. Black and blue bruises trailed on my skin.