16

Madison's POV

I began to wake up from my slumber. Looking around the room there were orange walls around me. I sat up and touched my eye. It was throbbing and the feeling was so unfamiliar I pulled away. I'm screwed! I bet it's already too late to even show up for school.

I swung my legs over the bed. On the table there was a pack of gum next to a lamp. I opened the pack and took a piece of gum, my breath most probably stinks right now. The white bed sheets smelled fresh and oddly familiar. I stood up and I felt a bit light headed. After I regained my balance I made my way to the door.

"I told you not to get into fights with her brother. You're screwing yourself over Zayn" Was that Niall?

"Shut up, you don't even understand half the bullshit that goes on" Zayn replied.

I walked through the halls that were leading to the voices. I peeked from behind a wall and watched them argue.

The living room was beautiful with paintings on the walls that must have costed thousands and thousands of cash.

"First you were the one telling me to get away from her because he was going to get mad. Now it's you that needs to distance yourself from her" Niall voice was loud and strong.

Niall's words reminded me of the time when I was eavesdropping on Zayn's phone conversation at school when he walked out on class. "I don't care he's going to get mad at you. Stop hanging out with her"

So Zayn was talking on the phone with Niall that day.

"You don't get it, I'll go see if she's awake" My eyes widdened and I gave a cough to let them know I was here.

I walked into the living room rubbing the eye that wasn't swollen.

"Madison you're awake" Niall got up from his position on the couch.

"Hey Niall" I sighed.

He came over to me and guided my to sit on the couch. I took his hand and I sat down on the couch.

"I thought we were going to someone to check us out?" I looked over at Zayn. He had scratches and bruises on his face and his nose was bandaged. Wait what?

"Niall checked the both of us" He simply replied.

"What?" I put my hand on my head.

"Niall knows how to deal with broken noses, a black eye and anything bloody honestly" Zayn answered back.

"Oh" I simply replied and looked away from him.

"Mitchell gave you a broken nose?" Zayn sat next to me.

"It's okay I'm sure he got it worse" He flashed a proud smile but, I frowned.

Mitchell is still part of my family and he was only trying to protect me and that doesn't give Zayn the right to have that smug look.

"Sorry" Zayn said and pursed his lips into a thin line.

I sighed not knowing what to say and I glanced back over at Niall who had his arms crossed over his chest.

"My eye really hurts when I blink" I told Niall.

"There is a lot of bruising and it's really swollen. It shouldn't hurt by the tomorrow but it's still going to be black and blue" He said as he touched my eye.

"It's not throbbing as much anymore and you had a concussion but luckily it wasn't too bad" He pulled away.

"Thanks" I fumbled with my fingers afraid to touch the corner of my forehead.