4

Madison's POV

Detention was the worst. As soon as Mr. Henry said we were free to go, I quickly got on my feet and got out of the classroom. I've been thinking of a way to lie to my mum about why I'm late, but there's a chance she won't be home. I really hope it's one of those days where she comes home super late and exhausted. I went down the steps out of the building and I was walking in the parking lot.

"Wait!" Someone yelled behind me.

I didn't bother to turn around because they wouldn't be trying to get my attention.

"Ughhh Madison, right?!" I heard the voice that seemed familiar.

I stopped in my tracks and turned around. The boy with the pink hair was calling my name? I think his name was Niall.

I waited 'till he caught up to me and he smiled.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" He asked.

"Why do you care?" I said back.

He was surprised by the way I answered back. I was even surprised by the way I answered. I don't want trouble. I immediately regretted saying that and quickly apologized.

"Sorry" I looked at the ground.

"Why are you apologizing you just asked a question" He chuckled followed by a smirk.

I didn't even respond. His looks were so intimidating. His tattoos, his hair, very edgy.

"I just wanted to tell you that you left your phone" He said.

My eyes widened and my hands immediately went to feel my pockets on my jeans and sure enough I didn't feel my phone.

I looked up at him and he had my phone in his hand. I reached up to get it but he raised his hand up higher so I wasn't able to reach it. I jumped but I still wasn't able to get it. I huffed and rolled my eyes.

"Are you going to give me my phone?" I asked.

"You ask a lot of questions, yeah know" He stated.

I stared back at him waiting for his answer.

"I'll give you back my phone if" He started.

"If?" I laughed.

"It's my phone; you should give me my phone no matter what. It is my phone" I bravely.

"I'll give it back but give me your number" He smirked.

"My number?" I asked another question.

"You make me feel like I'm not even speaking English. It's like you don't understand what I'm saying" He laughed.

"I-I you are speaking English, I just, I- why do you want my number?" I asked.

"So we could talk, yeah know?" He nodded.

I was unsure. Should I give him my number? Getting involved with him wouldn't be that bad and plus he is somewhat attractive; I looked at him from top to bottom. I bit my lip trying to figure the situation out.

"Like what you see?" He said.

He snapped me out of my trance and I stopped biting my lip and looked up at him. I shook my head.

"no?" He questioned.

"I mean yes" I said quickly.

"So yes?" He smirked.

"No, it's ughhh" I groaned.

He made me feel nervous.

He laughed loudly, squinting his eyes as he leaned back.