2

Madison's POV

I was in the front off my driveway when I see Mitchell pull up in his convertible. I tried to walk faster so I wouldn't have to face him. I'm just not up for it. I raced to the front door and scrambled to find my keys in the mess in my bag. I groaned and gave up looking for it. Mitchell came out of the car with shades on and walked up to the door.

"Did ya miss me sis?" He teased.

"Why would I ever miss you?" I said with a hint of disgust in my tone.

"Because" He simply answered.

I can't stand when people reply "because" to a question. It drives me insane, I would rather you not answer the question at all and he knows it.

"Locked out Madi?" He asked.

"Yes" I say as he inserts the key into the door knob.

He unlocks it and you could hear the click. He opens the door quickly and before I could take a step inside he shuts the door in my face. I let out an angry growl.

"Open the door" I yelled loud enough so he could hear me from the other side of the door.

No response.

"Mitchell open up!" I pound the door with my fist.

Again no response.

I forget about the idea of him opening the door for me. I know he won't budge. I sat down on the door mat and I dumped out the contents in my bag, maybe my keys were in here somewhere. With my luck, it wasn't there. I threw everything back in and took out my phone to dial my mum's number. Let's see if she even picks up.

I was about to hang up when I heard my mum's voice.

"Hello?" She says.

"Mum!" I gladly said, she finally had the right mind to pick up.

"Madi, I can't talk right now. I'll see you later tonight over dinner" She said.

"But mu-" She hung up before I could tell her.

I screamed in the same exact spot I was in and stomped my feet. Life is so unfair! I didn't notice some neighbors were outside. Mr. Chester was working on his garden across the street and he gave me a cold stare. I mouthed a "sorry" and he continued working. I sighed and sat down in front of the door.

A door swung open, but it wasn't mine. It was from the house next door. A lady I've never seen came out of the house and peeked outside. I stared at her as she looked to her left and then to her right. Her eyes caught with mine and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"You're the scream I heard?" She asked softly.

"Unfortunately" I spoke loud enough for her to hear me.

"Are you locked outside your house?" She asked another question.

I stood up from my place so I could speak to her clearly. I find it embarrassing when you tell someone you're locked out of your own house. Oh well.

"Yeah, my idiot stepbrother won't open the door" I kicked the door.

I stared at my door for a second and slammed my fist against it one last time. No use, Mitchell will not open the god damn door. I looked back at the lady who apparently was my neighbor. She must have just moved in.