24

Comment your reaction through out the chapter :)

Madison's POV

It was dark outside, the only illuminating light came from the inside of the house and a couple outside lights. I looked around for Zayn, since I told him to wait out here...but from the looks of it, it seems like he left.

I was about to step inside when I felt someone grab my wrist. My attention diverted to the hand and I looked up.

"I thought you had left" and he nodded.

He grabbed my hand and led me down a few steps. I debated whether I should pull my hand away or not but, decided that if I tried to pull away his grip would only tighten.

There was a bench on the grass and he urged me to take a seat first. When I sat down so did he and he crossed his legs.

For a few minutes it was quiet. Zayn didn't look at me and I stared at him. It seemed like he was dozing off because he didn't realize me looking at him.

He was completely and utterly beautiful. Even with the little amount of light. His eyes sparkled and his eyelashes curled making his eyes pop. His lips were a perfect color and it was strange his lip ring wasn't there.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked me.

"Like what?" I looked away from him.

"I don't exactly know"

The moon was bright tonight and all the stars twinkled. The stars were almost like Zayn's eyes, almost.

"Why do you always look away when I simply acknowledge you looking at me?" Zayn asked me.

"Well I thought maybe you umm... wouldn't want me to look at you...maybe you didn't like it" I looked down at my hands.

"I never said I didn't like it" he tried to look at me in the eyes but, I was purposely facing a different direction.

His hand firmly grabbed the sides of my face and made me face him. Eye contact was unavoidable now, since our faces were centimeters apart. I felt his hot breath as he lightly exhaled and I quickly moved my head causing him to lose his grasp on my face.

He cleared his throat before continuing, "Anyway I wanted to tell you that I need your help" he bit his lip.

"Um...sure I'll tutor you but, what subject?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "No, that's not what I meant.

What in the world would Zayn Malik need help with? I guess it was a pretty stupid to assume that he need help with coursework. I hated to admit but, he was clever. Ever since that day we had to work together on that essay I knew he was a bright one.

"Don't freak out, but the man who is in charge of what I do, as in my job," he coughed.

"Might have something to do with the murder of your neighbor" he gestured towards what was once Glenda's house.

My mouth gaped open and I immediately stood up. I shook my head and tried to understand what he asked of me.

Me. Me of all people. How could I, a seventeen year old girl help him?

"You're crazier than I thought Zayn" I laughed uneasily.

"Please just, I thought I could count on you. There is no one else who can help"

"Umm how about the police?!" I shouted.

"Please keep your voice down you can jeopardize everything," he pulled me down so I was sitting again.