Chapter 14

Chapter 14

“A what?”

“A Whisperer.”

“Yes, I heard you. What is a whisperer?” I asked.

“A spy.” I sat down.

“A spy?” I echoed. “Alec?”

“Yes.” Kryzstofer nodded. “A spy for Angels.”

“Wait,” I stood. “isn't that good?”

“No,” He shook his head. “It is not.”

“I don't understand.”

“What goes on between you two?” He said avoiding my question.

“What? Nothing.”

“Don't lie to me.”

“Im not lying to you, why should I lie to you?”

“I don't know...” He turned. “He's never acted differently?”

“I guess he has, but its college, Kryz.”

“Well, the only way he'd know who you are would be through contact.” He looked at me.

“Contact?” Contact was pretty vague, I thought. It could mean anything from holding hands to making out, both of which we have done.

“Yes, contact.” His eyes looked at me sharply. “You haven’t had contact right?”

“No, i- no.” I shook my head.

“You what?”

“Nothing.” I sighed. “Where is Janice?”

“You've slept with him haven't you?”

“What no!”

“Don't lie!” He yelled, unusual for him.

“I'm not.” I cringed back.

“Come here.” He opened his arms.

“What now?” Without thinking I stepped in to them.

He touched my head and sighed. Then he pushed me away, roughly. Kryzstofer gasped and looked down at the floor. “I should have known...” He mumbled.

“Kryzstofer...”

“Janice is at the door, afraid to come in.” He pointed at it and stepped back. “Open it before she leaves.”

“Are you planning to meet her in your PJ's?” I looked at him.

“I will be clothed.” Was all he said. “Don't worry about me.” He added coldly.

Sighing, I took a deep breathe, put on a smile and opened the door. Janice looked around for a moment before smiling back. A smile that told me she had a giant secret to tell me. Her clothes told me she had been in a hurry to come and her hair said it was huge.

“Hallo, Janice.” I said as I stepped back to let her come in.

“What's going on? I heard shouting.” She took a careful step in. “Are you alright?”

“Yes, just having a discussion with my brother.”

“Alec told me you had family over.”

“Kryzstofer is my brother.” I pointed at Kryz, who was dressed as he had been earlier.

“He is? I didn't know you had family.” She eyed me suspiciously.

“Yeah, she can be rather secretive sometimes.” Kryzstofer said. “Hallo, du sprechen Deutsch right?”