Chapter 33

Chapter 33

~“I’m coming to get you!” Kleopatra yelled so close to the room that it made me jump. “I found yo-“~

 I woke up to three faces in my sight, their scrunched up eye brows furrowed in confusion as I sat up and touched my aching forehead. I sighed loudly as my body seemed to be able to feel all my nerves become alive. I felt every single thing around me, from the soft floor to the warm air, I felt the hot breathe and the change in the air as Hadrian, Hixak and Kryzstofer looked at me.

“I passed out, didn’t I?” I asked taking the hand that Hadrian offered. Kryzstofer, surprising me, immediately wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me into an embrace. I relaxed into it, his body tensing a moment before he sighed in my hair, his hand coming up to cup the back of my head. I hugged him back and couldn’t hold in the tears that threatened to fall.

We stayed that way for a while, Hadrian and Hixak leaving us alone to talk amongst themselves – and Franco – until they needed us. We parted after an eternity, Kryzstofer still holding on to me with his arm wrapped around my waist, the other touched my cheek, wiping a tear. He brought his finger to his mouth and, what would have disgusted me with any other person, brought it to his mouth. He licked his finger and smiled at me.

“You taste as beautifully as you are,” he said softly.

I felt the air around me change as Hixak approached us, a smile firmly planted on his face. Kryzstofer looked at me for a moment longer like I was going to leave at any moment before looking at his brother. A silent conversation passed between them, something I didn’t know they could still do since Kryzstofer had lost his Angel-hood. A moment later they nodded to each other before looking at me. I waiting for them to say something, when they didn’t I started to panic.

“What? What’s wrong?” I asked talking a step out of Kryzstofer’s embrace.

Kryzstofer said nothing, his gaze back to Hixak who shook his head and sighed. Kryzstofer sighed as well, bringing up a hand to pinch the bridge of his nose in frustration. I remained still, confused as ever waiting fro the two men in front of me to say something. They looked at each other, nodded in synchrony before Hixak turned slightly to one side, his hand out stretched in a gesture that I’d never seen before.

Next to me, Kryzstofer leaned down and whispered in my ear, “I wish for our relationship to be as full as the one my brother has with his lover.”

Hadrian appeared at Hixak’s side, his fingers out stretched as well, matching Hixak’s. The moment their fingers touched, Hadrian’s fingertips touching Hixak’s, their faces light up with what could only be love. The ever-logical angel, Hadrian, even twitched his lips into a small smile before schooling his features back to his elegant dethatched look. Behind them, Franco who was pacing frantically, stopped. He seemingly stopped every movement of his body, turned his upper half in a quick movement and stared at the couple. A look of disgust, and in his wide eyes, sadness, passed his features before he too schooled them back to his regular features.

“You shouldn’t antagonize him, love,” Hadrian reprimanded, separating their fingers with a loud, aggravated sigh. “He is the one who saved your brother’s life.”

“And for that I shall be eternally grateful. However,” Hixak replied with a snarl, “he cannot have what is mine. Namely, you.”

Hadrian sighed – do angels know that they are sighing, since they seem to be doing it a lot – and walked away. Hixak groaned and held his head with his hands, his eyes shutting close before cursing to himself and throwing an apology over his shoulder. Hadrian raised his hand and Hixak shook his head in relief.