Chapter 8

Chapter 8 

"I first began seeing Lifestreams during WWI, when I was a nurse in Germany." He nodded. "It was 1917, I think, I was a nurse treating the injured soldiers. At first I thought it was nothing I kept wanting to treat them for it, but eventually Hixak found me and explained." 

"Explained what?" 

"What it was." 

"What what was?" I looked at him confused. "What do you see when you see them?"  

"You tell me." I pictured a Lifestream in my mind. His. "Is the human alive?" 

"Not a-" I stopped myself. "No." 

"Did it die?" He asked. 

"Not ye-" Suddenly a sharp pain began on my left arm. "FUCK!" 

"I thought we'd have more time..." Kryzstofer said ignoring my pain. "Damn." 

"Um... Hello? Im withering in pain here." I pointed to myself dramatically. "Never mind." The bleeding and the pain stopped. Letters began to appear.  

M.MASON 

MI. FOSTER 

4472 LAKESIDE ROAD 

"Let's go." He stood.  

"O, god!" I said. "Did Franco write this?" 

"Let me see." He grabbed my arm, a tingly sensation spread through it. "Yes." 

"I'm gonna kick his arse!" 

"Why?" 

"Look at it!" I raised it closer to his face. "Its going to scar!" He laughed and kissed my wrist. For a moment my heart stopped. 

"Better?" I couldn't speak so I just nodded. "Not the sort of pain you waned huh?" 

"Not at all." I said breathless.  

"Let's go." He put on his serious face and turned away from me. "Change. I'll meet you by your car." 

He took a step and disappeared.

Minutes later we were on our way to the address on my arm. The angelic writing looked more like a tattoo now that all the blood had dried off. For the 10th time Kryzstofer asked, Which way is it? 

Finally we got out of the car and walked to the house. I looked at the mailbox to checked the names. "Yep this is it." I said out loud. 

The house was nothing special. It was white and had green shades. The yard was big but untidy. Walking to the front door, Kryzstofer stopped me.  

"Whats our cover?" I flashed him my badge. "FBI?" 

"Yes." I nodded and walked to the door. Knocking I sighed. Hopefully its an old lady and not a child. The door opened and I sighed. A child soul... 

"May I help you?" A woman stood on the door with a child on her hip. The baby, no more than 7 months old, had the bluest eyes that I have ever seen apart from my own. "Quiet, Maddie." The woman told the baby. 

Seeing me falter, Kryzstofer took the lead. "Hello, i'm Agent Angel and this is Agent Sihn. We have a few questions to ask you, if you don't mind." The woman nodded and stepped to the side to let us pass. I smiled at Kryzstofer's choice of last names. Sihn and Angel weren't far off of our true identity. I wanted to commit a sin while Kryzstofer stayed the angel. 

"What do you need to know?" 

"We've had reports in this neighbor hood about strange happenings, have you noticed anything weird lately?" I said snapping out of my thoughts. 

"No, not really." 

"Any strange noises at night?" Kryzstofer asked. "Or something of that nature?" 

"I don't think so..." 

"Is your husband around mrs-" 

"Foster, Michelle Foster. No, i'm not married." M. Foster, I thought. "This is my niece, Maddie Mason." 

"She is beautiful." I said, my eyes waterying. "So you have't seen anything out of the ordinary?" 

She shook her head. "Oh my." Mrs. Foster said. "She seems to like you Agent Angel." Maddie reached towards Kryzstofer.  

"May I?" Kryzstofer held out his hands. Mrs. Foster handed him Maddie, who immediately put her hands around his neck. "I love children." He said. 

"Do you live here alone?" I asked, keeping in character. 

"No, my sister, Maddie's mother lives here too. She hasn't been around lately though." 

"I think we got everything." I touched Maddie's back by her Lifestream, thus ensuring her soul was saved. "Thanks for everything." I held out my hand. Kryzstofer, with Maddie still in his arms, winked at me. He began to mouth some words and then nodded. Mrs. Foster, oblivious to everything, shook my hand and turned to Kryzstofer. He handed back Maddie who began to cry and reach out for him. 

"Bye, Maddie." He said in a voice that resembled baby talk. "Thank you for all your help." 

We walked out of the home. Behind us Maddie still cried out for Kryzstofer, "Angel!" she said. 

"What's wrong?" Krystofer asked once we were by the car.  

"She is going to die." I said. "A baby is going to die." 

"Yes, and?" 

"For no reason." 

"There is always a reason." Kryzstofer moved towards me. "You know that." 

"She is number 100..." 

"What?" Tears fell from my face.  

"The one hundredth child soul that I have secured." Finally I bawled. "100!" 

"Mikaela...." He whispered as he pulled me towards him. "Don't think about it." 

"How can I not?" My sadness was already decimating. Stupid Reaper power! 

"Think happy thought." 

"Like?" I asked not wanting to yell at me like last time. 

"December 24th, 1869." His voice got low, almost hoarse. "You remember that night?" 

I nodded. How could I forget? Christmas eve 1869... I began to think back. My mind skipped all the boring parts and went to the good ones. The ones that were imprinted in my mind. The ones with Kryzstofer and I. 

"Let's go home." He kissed my forehead.

_________ 

Sorry this one was short but... well working on the next one and its gonna be long and as promised, it might be explicit! 

*Vote, Comment and FAN!* 

I won't put up the next one unless i get 5 votes or 5 comments!