Chapter 19: Kryzstofer's P.O.V

• Dedicated to Tom Kaulitz

Kryzstofer P.O.V

“I don't want to talk about it.” Mikaela said as we entered her apartment. “I just want to lie down.” Brushing by Hixak, who'd come to meet us, she headed to her room without a look back.

“What's with her?” Hixak asked me with a concern look.

“We went to the cemetery, as per her decade long tradition.” I replied throwing myself on the couch, exhausted by Mikaela's thoughts.

“What's wrong?” Hixak sat next to me.

“I have all of her thoughts pulsating through my brain!” I whispered angrily.

“For how long?”

“A while. I've gotten,” Rubbing my eyes I try to explain. “emotions and random thoughts from her since she touched my Lifestream.”

“When she went into your mind and notice the discrepancy?” I nodded. “And I see that her arm is still tattooed.”

“Oh, yeah.” I put my head between my knees and breathed in slowly. “Mikaela is betting herself up for nothing.”

“Brother...” Hixak placed his hand on my shoulder. “Is she worth it?”

“What?” My head snapped up. “What do you mean?”

“Why are you here with her?” I opened my mouth to speak. “Tell the truth.”

“I-” I stood, needing space. “I don't know. I was sent down to talk to her.”

“What about?” Hixak raised his eyebrows. “And by whom?”

“Hadrian.” I replied. “Mikaela needs someone.”

I stood up and walked to the bedroom. But when I got there and heard her screams, I felt my heart break apart. I wanted to go in there and hold her close to me, tell her all the right things and tell her I loved her but I couldn't. How could I tell her I loved her when she regretted being with me?

“Kryzstofer.” Hixak came behind me and placed his hand on my shoulder, directing me away from the door and into the kitchen. “She may miss her family but she loves you.”

“I hate-”

“-that she regrets you. Yes, I get it.” He patted my cheek softly. “But what can you do? She was chosen.”

“Yes, but for what?” I asked. Hixak shrugged. “I hate not being able to help her.”

“I might be able to help.” Hixak replied. “Remember?”

“I-” I shook my head and stepped out of his touch. “don't think that is what she needs.”

“She is in pain, is she not?” Reluctantly I nodded. “Then why not?”

I shook my head vigorously. Mikaela would never forgive me if I did.

“No,” I told him.

“Perhaps later?” Hixak asked. Nodding slightly, I went to the kitchen.

The coffee pot was full so, as any human worrying, I poured myself a cup. Hixak chuckled and brought me some milk and sugar. Absent minded I added them to my cup and leaned back on the counter. Hixak sat down in front of me, fascinated. My mind races with Mikaela's thoughts. Her thoughts, thankfully they were only thoughts, concentrated on Hixak and I. They charred into my mind the moment of her transgression into a Reaper and our night together.

Those dangerously unholy thoughts made me take a drink of the cup I held in my hand. Unfortunately for me, and my taste buds, the coffee was just as awful as I remembered it to be. Choking, I spit the coffee into the sink behind me while Hixak laughed.

“I miss being with you!” Hixak said between laughs. “You are a riot!”

“Really, no need for you to get up,” I said sarcastically. “I can clean this up by myself.”

“You sure did make a mess.” He got up and handed me a rag. After the mess was cleaned up, Hixak coughed. “I need to tell you something.”

“Well,” I said leaning back on the counter, my arms behind me. “i'm not a mind reader.”

“I have to leave for a while.”

“Leave? To where?”

“I'm not sure yet.”

“For what purpose?” I asked.

“You don't want to know.” He stood to leave but I took ahold of his arm and turned him to me.

“Be safe.”

He nodded and I let him go.

Five Hours Later

Mikaela remained in her room. I'd knocked an hour ago, with a tray of food in my arms, and she took the tray without a word to me. Her thoughts, still swarming in me, grew darker by the minute. My head buzzed from his mysterious connection to her. Randomly her thoughts, the nastiest and most hurtful, would be in German. But after five hours of this I grew tired. I went to her room, bursting in.

“You can't keep doing this, Mikaela.” I proclaimed coming to her side.

“Get out!” She yelled, turning away. “Just get out!”

“No,” I told her.

“Get out!” She threw a pillow at me with great force. I swatted it away and went to her.

“Mikeala,” I pulled her into a hug. At first she resisted, pushing me away with all if her will. But after realizing I wasn't going anywhere, she fell limb against me. “I'm not going anywhere. I'm here.” I cooed.

She cried against me, her tears falling on me chest. With what energy I had left, I called for Hixak. After a few moments I thought he hadn't gotten my message. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and Hixak nodded. I held her closer and pushed myself against the bed frame, with her ontop of me. I petted her head calmly, while Hixak did his magic.

“I'm sorry.” I whispered into her hair.

“For what?” She asked reaching for me. “I am the one who should be sorry.”

“No,” Fear spread through me.

“I have blamed you all these years. I was wrong.”

Hixak shook his head and mouthed sorry.

“That is why I am sorry.” 

I have been working on this for a while.... Maker knows why.... and well i felt bad so i uploaded it as is. I have a new story coming up soon... sorta a fanfic.  More on that later, anyways enjoy this. I'll upload on March 15th, my birthday. :)