Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"No!" I said to him. "Why?!"

"It is my order." Smiling he stepped back. "I have to obey."

"No!" Shocked, I walked away. No way was he staying at my place. My life is complicated enough as is with out a Guardian Angel living with me. "No!" forgetting all about his powers I kept walking until I walked straight into his arms after turning a corner.

His arms around me, he said, "Should I follow you?"

Looking into his deep brown, almost red, eyes I realized something. For decades this is what i've wanted. Him. I love him, even if I won't admit it, even after everything that happened. The Gift made my love for him stronger and deeper. He did pick me after all, me out of millions of others.

"Follow me." He released me and stepped to the side to let me pass. He was still a gentleman, afterall. After a few moments of silence I said, "What is your order?"

"I can't tell you."

"Don't give me that crap. Tell me." Turning the street I asked, "Or is it top secret important G.A stuff?"

"G.A?" He stopped. I stopped as well and stepped in front of him. Finally I knew something he didn't. What ever if I did just make it up.

"Guardian Angel stuff." Smiling to myself I turned and kept walking. He, of course, walked next to me. I could see that it was dificult for him to match my steps, as short as they were. "So?"

"I... I am to Reap with you."

"You are not a Reaper." Turning again I took out my keys to open my car. I was about to walk around it when Kryzstofer, in one very fast fluid moment, took my keys and went to the drivers side. Deciding that this was one of the few moments where he could actually drive instead of appear or fly, I let him.

"I am to observe you reaping and... well I am to decide whether to keep you or not." He turned the engine and gunned it. My 1967 Impala growled but didn't move. Confused, Kryzstofer tried it again.

"You have to," I leaned over to him to remove the brake. "take the brake off."

"It has been a long time since i've driven..."

"I know." It had been a long time since i've seen him. Realizing what he had said I turned in my seat and looked at him. "Wait a minute! What do you mean 'keep me or not?"

"The higher ups are having doubts about you." Pulling away from the curb, I told him my address.

"Are you?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you having doubts about me?"

"Never." He turned his head to me and smiled. A smile that made my heart flutter, a smile that could kill. I turned around in my seat and tried to regulate my breathing. In, out, in out I reminded myself. One my left, I heard Kryzstofer chuckling.

After a few minutes he pulled into my building. An old factory that had been 'remodeled' as a condo. Kryzstofer parked and got out of the car. Walking to the passanger side he opened my door and said, "You live here?" I nodded and took my keys back from him.

The front door was huge, a wall to wall door that used to serve as a pick up station where trucks would be filled up with the factories contents, which were chocolates. "Why?" Shrugging I lead him up the stairs, to the left, up again and to the right, to my flat. Opening the door I sighed. Was I really going to be stuck with him? For how long?

"As long as it takes." Kryzstofer said to my unasked question. Turning to him I looked at him.

"How did you? Did you-" I grabbed his hand, pulling him shirt all the way to his elbows I looked for the sign. I saw none."Where is it?"

"No on my arm." Walking past me, at my annoyance, he stepped into my flat and looked around. I had the bare necessities. I was never here anyways. The flat was for taxes and work purposes only. I would also occasionally sleep here.

"Where is it?" Closing the door I removed my boots and jacket, throwing them on the couch. "Show me." He wouldn't have gotten it on a ... less than Angel area... could he?

"No I didn't." He responded, once again reading my mind. "I'll show you, if you really want to see it."

Stepping closer to me, he removed his shirt. His chest glowed lightly, his abs immediately getting my attention. Coughing, and noticing my staring, he pointed to his lower half. Bringing my eyes lower on his body, I noticed his pants were 'riding low' as people say. Trying not to gulp I looked at him. His eyes dared me to touch him. A white spec was on his right hip something that looked alive. I stepped closer and touched his hip. Kryzstofer and I, simultaneously inhaled, his abs contracting from his jagged breathing. It been a long time since I last touched him. Making the mistake of looking at him I stepped back. I couldn't handdle it, it had been WAY too long.

A few seconds passed, while we both breathed, before he stepped closer to me. Lowering his pants a third of an inch I saw the beak and the root. A dove, the symbol of his achievement. A white dove, that moved, with a 6 leaf branch. Six more assignment, one of which was probably me, and he would be a 'higher up'. Ignoring the fact that the dove was flying I looked at him. Six more things that he would complete and I would never see him again. Higher ups never left the Now. Guardian Angels, like Kryzstofer, were allowed to leave when they please, although he does so rarely. I have to stop this, I decided.

"Mikaela," He said my name in the German accent I loved so much. My breathing was once again captured. "don't try to stop me."

"I never said that." Smiling coyly I brushed passed him, picking his shirt up and throwing it to him. He caught it but hesitated to put it on.

I was walking to my room, about to clear it so that he would have a place to sleep when I felt his presence behind me. his arms, and wings, wrapped around me. His face on my left, both his hands on my wrist. I felt his abs against my back. He sighed and stepped closer. By this time my mind was racing. The last time he had held me like this was in 1889 when my sister, the last of my family, had passed away and i'd had to Reap her.

"Mikaela.." he whispered into my ear. "Mikaela... If I had a choice I would be here with you, forever."

Turning, quickly thinking of a possibility. A possibility that I had been waiting decades to tell him. I had imagened his every response. From anger to glee, happiness to sadness, I thought of them all.

Putting my hands on his chest I stated simply. "Become earth bound."