Chapter 1

This is a short Chapter, i just waned to get the feel for it.

The night began like every other night, dark and looming. I lingered by the alley, searching. It's been years since I last saw him but tonight I had been sure i'd seen him. His tall slim body pressed behind me in the club. Quickly I followed but lost him just as quickly. I had been carelessly dancing in the new popular club when I felt his presence. I though it was just the beer talking but soon enough I felt his hands on my back, teasing me. I turned to see who it was and saw him walking away, boots scraping the floor. I followed but the crowd pushed me back, making me go slow. By the time I got out of the pulsing crowd he was gone. Trying to feel his scent, I walked out of the club and towards the alley where I now stood. I was sure he was here, or atleast had been.

A loud sound, reminding me of gun fire, made me turn. Images surfaced, images of my family, my old life, images that I refused to acknowledge. I blinked and groaned, he was near. I called out, "Kryzstofer?" and in response I heard a flapping of wings. I turned once again and saw his shadow at the end of the alley. Walking towards him I tried to keep my heart rate from increasing. A streak of light hit his boots and the end of his dark pants. "Kryzstofer, don't play games." I said stopping. My hand on my hips I looked at him, or more accurately his silhouette. I saw the tip of his wings and my heart stopped.

Chuckling Kryzstofer stepped forward his beautiful white wings opening broadly and closing around him. "You have neglected your duties... once again."

"Really Kryzstofer I need a vacation." He took a step forward, his face coming into full view. Kryzstofer's eyes shined brightly with black eye liner surrounding them, his long black and white braided hair hung to his shoulders. His lips cooked up in a sly smile.

"No you dont." I was about to say I did when he raised his hand to stop me. "You always do this, Mikaela."

"How else am I going to wish you Happy Birthday?" I asked. "And to ask for a vacay."

"A vacay?" he asked.

"A vacation." I said slowly, mocking him. "You know, a break from a job."

"This is not a 'job'." I he air qouted. "It is you duty, as it is mine to remind you of it."

"So... go ahead, remind me." I stood my ground. I was about to add that I had no choice on the matter when he tilted his head to one side, listening.

He nodded to no one in particular, eyes falling on me. I saw him checking me out and I did the same to him. His androgynous look fit him well, black had always been his color. He looked as handsome as ever. He closed his eyes only to be snapped open a second later in shock. He keep saying "But-" even though he didn't need to. Nodding, he sighed and stood straight, looking at me in amusement.

"What?" I asked amused. "Whats the verdict?"

"Do you like my new look?" he asked, stalling.

"Yes, I love it. Now tell me!"

"You love it? Really?" I nodded, stepping forward. "You want me to tell you?" he stepped forward, ending up right in front of me. He looked down at me.

"Yes." he leaned down his lips seriously close to mine. I begin to think of the worst thing he could possibly be keeping from me. Immediately I knew. "No..." I gasped.

"Mikaela..." he smiled. "Where do you live?"

******************************************************************************************

Ya like?