Chapter 21

• Dedicated to Miry Bracamontes

Chapter 21

Out of the shower, refreshed and spent, I wrap myself in a towel and head out the door. Changing quickly, ready to go, I get my bag and check my make up once more. Out in the kitchen, I hear Kryzstofer. Class is in one hour, I can't deal with him now. Moving quickly, I walk out of my room and am about to open the front door when a long arm prevents me.

“Where are you off to?” He asked as I turned around.

“School.”

“You don't need school, Mikaela.”

“You know, I'm surprise you and mother didn't get along better. She said the same thing to me a long time ago,” I tell him. “I am going to school, whether you want me to or not.”

“Let us go then.”

“Kryz,” Looking down, I think of what it is I want to say. “I need some space.”

“Mikaela?” Stunned, he steps back and lets me go. Just as I close the door, he appears behind me and says, “You can't go to him, Mikaela.”

“Can't?” I asked. “Says who?”

“Mikaela...”

“He has been there when you have been doing God knows what,” I yelled. “I'm going.”

Leaving him behind, I ran down the stairs and rung the hell out of the doorbell before pounding on the door. Alec, late as always, is probably asleep, I think. Kryzstofer stomps down the stairs and was about to pull me to him when the door opened and Alec, half asleep, looked at me and at him. Looking at Kryzstofer intently before pulling me into the room and shutting the door loudly, I crash my head against his chest and sob what little tears I have left. He pulls me against him and leads me to the couch. I cry as he rubs my back and coos in my hair. The tears come too easily, far too easily. I'm going to school, I remind myself, not sobbing into Alec's arms!

“Mikaela!” Kryzstofer yells from behind the closed door. “Mikaela, please come out!”

I shake my head and push myself harder against Alec. His hands push me back as he asked me, “Did he hurt you?” I shake my head and try to speak.

“He didn't-” I try to say before my voice cracks. “No.”

“What happened?” He asks, concern written all over his face. “What did he do?”

“He- he erased the only pictures I had of my family,” My mouth says without my consent. I clamped my hand over my mouth to stop myself from saying anything further.

“Oh, Mikaela...” he says before pulling me back to his chest.

Outside, I can feel Kryzstofer pacing back and forth unsure of what to do. I know he is raking his hand through his mo-hawk hair, or perhaps he had 're-grown' his hair into those dreads I loved so much. I can feel him, frustrated and angry. As I cry into the enemy's shoulder, he feels rejected. My bag drops to the floor and I snap back in control. What the hell happened?

“I'm alright,” I tell Alec. “I'm good.”

“Are you sure?” He asked wiping a stray tear from my cheek. “What he did is pretty major.”

“Yeah, it is. But I love him and I have to move one,” I said, telling him what I told myself in the shower. My mind, now in my full control, feels swollen. Shakily, I stand and pick up my bag. “We have an hour for school, hurry.”

“We don't have to go,” Alec said standing as well. “You don't look up to it.”

“Let me freshen up while you change and we will go,” I tell him. He nods and heads to his room. I linger a bit by the front door. Kryzstofer is gone, probably trying to contact Hixak wherever he went off to. I head to the bathroom, the one closest to the twins' room, and close the door gently. Turning on the light, I lean on the far wall and listen.

“I can't keep living here! Protecting you from God know what?!”

“Alec! Brother!” Janice cries out. “I need you. They are after me! She is after me.”

“Mikaela?” Alec replies chuckling. “Mikaela loves you, why would she hurt you?”

“Its her and that Angel.”

“Yes, because every hot guy you see has to be an Angel.”

“When I kissed him, it was all revealed to me.”

“Wait a minute. You said he kissed you.”

“He-he did.”

“You lied to me, didn't you?”

“I did not such thing,” Janice said, with what I guess was a pout. “I never lie to you brother.”

“Fine, you say she wants to kill you. What for?”

“Her masters tell her to do it.”

“Masters?”

“Angels like her brother.”

“Kry-”

“Don't say his name!” Janice shrieked. “If you say his name, he will tune into this conversation!”

“And Mikaela won't?”

“She is not an Angel! She is a reaper!”

“Alright, I get it. Can we talk later? I'm late for class.”

Scrambling out of the bathroom as quietly as possible, I walk back to the living room and sit down. Opening my phone as if I am texting, I slow my breathing and relax. Alec comes into the room, pale, and sits down next to me. I shut my phone, that isn't even on, and look at him. He nods and stands back up.

As we head to school in my car, I get a buzzing sound in my head. Ignoring it, i drive on. The buzzing doesn't go away. I buy a bottle of water and down an ibuprofen and rush to class. The buzzing continues but it no longer bothers me. I shouldn't be having a buzz in my ear, my reaper body never gets ill. Strange.

We get to class. The professor, drinking his coffee at his desk, looks at us for a moment before going back to his lecture. Pretending to take notes, I scribble down- in German- what Janice told Alec. Janice knows what Kryzstofer and I are, she knows we need her and she knows we know. What she doesn't know is that we know that she knows.

*Short and Stale... sorry but yeah ACT's are a b*tch. Glad they are over with! I'm writing a new story, Tokio Hotel Fic, and I have exams to look forward to so won't upload for a bit, sorry.*

*VOTE< COMMENT<ETC*