Chapter 49

"You should stop blabbering shits in front of me and know your place." Dad coldly said.

I smirked while looking at him, provoking him to punch me more. Dad didn't move but smirked back, I was about to leave when I felt he threw another punch on the side of my lips. I wiped the blood as I glared at him.

"What a nuisance," He whispered while looking around, scared to get caught on his shits. "You can't hurt your sister and mother by telling her what you saw today. Let it slide, son. After all, I'm still your father." He added.

Should I call him Dad when he never became a father to me not even once? Ah, he is, but only when my mother's around. He's only good at one thing; pretending to be great.

I picked up myself, I went back to my room and pretends nothing happened like what I kept on doing for almost a year now.

This is how cruel the life I have, I guess? I was fed up with the lies of my great father. I had no choice but to follow what he wants in order to protect my mother and sister. Since, I don't know what kind of capabilities he has.

The fact that our clan was coated with flowery and greatness from the outside but when you explore and look inside? It's rotten.

Naupo ako sa kama, I stood up when I felt that something hit my butt. I chuckled when I saw it was my guitar, it's my favorite one.

My comfort isn't at this house but on music and whenever I'm on the stage. Whenever I'm there, I don't need to lie and think of how cruel the life I had. I'm happy being myself more while performing with full of passion.

Pabagsak akong nahiga sa kama ko. I put the guitar on my lap and started strumming on a familiar rhythm, our upcoming single song.

Puhon. There's different meaning this song had. I trust everything to Him, I know deep down that I believe in Him. In God's time.

"Life is not all about greatness." I whispered while strumming on my guitar, "Then why is everyone acting up like one?" I wondered.

I never understand the concept of life. My life has no definite meaning. It's lifeless and chaotic. It's always been this messy as I am.

In the morning, I hated waking up with the thoughts of facing my father at the dining table beside my Mom, acting like I know nothing. Keeping my mouth shut even I should have spoken about what I found out. I was fucking voiceless, I don't have the courage to speak.

I'm continuously fooling my mother and sister while pretending I don't know anything. May mas lala paba rito? This is more sucker than it is.

Dad, that beast, he's cheating and emotionally manipulating my mother behind her back. I tried to stop him from doing this but only to get beaten up and got threatened with their safety.

I can't gamble their safety...for now.

Iisip muna ako ng paraan kung paano kami makakaalis sa impyernong bahay na 'to bago ang lahat. After that, I'll tell them everything. My Mom deserves much better than this.

"Why? Are you planning to tell her about this, son?" Dad's smile faded, I felt him slapping me over and over when I caught him at the resto-bar that I have a gig on. "You work here, huh? With your stupid bandmates?" He chuckled.

Kumuyom ang kamao ko, pinipigilan ang sarili na huwag gumawa ng kahit na ano. He can tell whatever he wants to say but he has no right to speak up about my friends that way with that filthy mouth of his. I can't believe him.

Kita ko ang babae niya na napatayo dahil sa paglapit ko, dumaan ang kaba sa mata niya ngunit nang makita niya ang ginagawa sa akin ng ama ko, nawala ang kaba nito na napalitan ng isang malapad na ngisi.