4- when he hits you

"I don't know what the hell you wan-" you're yelling and sobbing when suddenly a sharp pain is traveling through your whole body and you stumble to the side as your husband slams his hand against the side of your head.

You stumble into the bedside table, causing a few things to knock over.

"How many more times do I need to tell you to shut the fuck up before you wake up the kids?"

Jake growls through clenched teeth, you've begun to collapse onto the floor and he steps up over you as he talks, fists clenched tightly.

You can't really hear him, your ear is ringing still from the forceful slap and both your hands are up covering where he hit as you sob.

"Get up," he rolls his eyes, grabbing your wrist and pulling you up.

You don't fight back in fear he'll hit you again. You're still trying to process what had happened. In the 9 years you'd been together Jake has never once laid a hand on you.

You look up at your husband and see as his expression suddenly changes, as if he's just perceived what he did.

"B-babe-" he mutters out, you must look terrified of your own husband because he takes a step back away from you at first.

"I-" He steps back forward and tries to wrap his arms around you, you instinctively push him away, which results in your falling back against the wall, knocking over his acoustic guitar he had leaning against it.

Jake looks ashamed and hurt.

"M-mommy?" both of you turn to the door to your bedroom as soon as you hear your five year old daughter's voice.

You can't help but let out a sob before you attempt to stop crying and wipe quickly under both of your eyes.

You glance up at Jake for a moment who is still standing there, gaping wide-eyed at your two children.

"H-hey sweety," you say, trying to get their attention to remain on you and not Jake or the fallen over items in your bedroom.

"How long have you b-been standing here?"

Her attention is still on Jake, who is still standing on the other side of the room where'd you'd been before, he's looking down at the ground now.

"W-why did you hit mommy?"

She asks, Jake attention immediately turns to your daughter and he shakes his head as he begins to walk over towards the two of you.

He pauses as his daughter takes a step back, You look up and you can see the pain in his eyes as he sits down on the ground a few feet away from the two of you.

You want to move, leave, and get away from him as soon as possible but you stayed still for your kids.

"I-I didn't mean to, it was an accident."

Jake tries to explain, his voice cracking as tears begin to roll down his cheeks.

"Baby, don't ever ever let anyone hit you. I shouldn't have d-done that." he turns his attention a little to you, now sitting on the floor with your daughter in your lap.

"I'm-I'm so sorry."

"Mama, no cry." She mumbles as she reaches up and touches your cheek, he turns his head as he hears Jake sob, "No cry, daddy."

"I messed up Ara" jake nods, keeping his eyes on you as he looks for any sign of forgiveness on your face.

You don't plan on showing him any forgiveness tonight and maybe not for a few days at least.

"Go give your mommy a kiss," he says, nudging her away slightly, standing up as she walks over to you and kisses your cheek.

You want to stand up and kiss him, you want him to hold you and kiss your head because it's throbbing but you know you shouldn't and you can't.

You simply nod as he heads out of the bedroom and downstairs.

"Do you want to lay down and watch a movie?"

You ask, finally standing up with Ara in your arms still.

"Can we watch Frozen?" She asks, still looking out the bedroom door as if to see if Jake was coming back.

"Yeah, come on let's lay down." You say, grabbing the remote and turning on the tv as you sit down on the bed, finally letting Ara go.

"Is daddy coming back?" She asks, finally turning to look at you.

"He's going to have a sleepover with Uncle Jungwon, he'll be back later."

She looks back down the hallway once more before finally coming over to the bed and climbing up.

"Because he hit you?" You shake your head a little and kiss her cheek.

"No, sweetie. Here, press play." You say, handing her the remote.

You pull Ara back against your chest while you sit back and sigh softly, running your fingers through your hair as you try to figure out what you're going to do next.