Jokes turned wrong

@inkkoya

Jay cringes at the sound of the front door creaking when he pushes it open. It’s not like he will wake someone up or anything, it’s just an unpleasant sound his already-pounding head doesn’t need to be exposed to.

He was so tired that he couldn't even describe it.

But all he wanted and wished was seeing you, he knows that he will forget his turdens once he looks at you and your eyes meet his. It was just the chemical attraction between you two and it made him forget the world.

Jay had gotten so used to having him by his side every time he went to sleep that if you were to be separated for one night- he just couldn't sleep.

You groaned as you slowly awoke from your slumber, clashing sounds ringing in your ear as your body stirred.

Your eyes flickered open, the bright lights from the television screen bringing you discomfort before you slowly raised yourself up and were met with an apologetic smile from Jay.

‘’hi’’ Your sleepy voice trailed off before a yawn escaped from your lips, causing Jay to chuckle at the sight.

‘’Sorry, did I wake you?’’ Jay murmured, his facial expression giving away how guilty he was and you waved him off.

You brought your legs from underneath you, moving slowly as you felt like your body had been hit with a ton of bricks before you stood up and gave him a tired smile.

“Welcome home, babe.“

You open your arms and he basically fall in your embrace, feeling a sense of comfort and security rush over him and you once his arms have been wrapped around you  like a safety blanket. “You’re exhausted, aren’t you?“

You wrap your arms around his waist, “Hi, how was the concert?"

He wraps his arms around you and kisses your forehead. “It was good- really fun."

You hum, and lean up to press a kiss to his chin. “Do you want some dinner?"

He nods his head and takes a step back, “if you want to I can just heat something y/n."

"No. I will make you some."

"Thank you."Jay nodded his head before he took his way toward the bathroom to take a shower.

Once Jay leaves,you start to make some pasta, so you quickly decide to change into something more comfortable.

In your shared bedroom, you look through the drawers to find something better to wear. You find your comfiest pair of shorts and put them on instead of your jeans.

Looking through your drawers, you can’t find a shirt comfy enough to lounge around in. You decide to open one of Jay’s drawers and pull out one of his shirts to wear.

“Surely he won’t mind,” you mumble to yourself. You grab Jay’s largest shirt and pull it over your body.

You giggle a little at how big it is over you, and do a little twirl before you go back to the kitchen.

Later you heard Jay coming with lazy steps, "we need to go shopping, our lavender shower gel is running out and we should also grab some c-" Jay stopped his words as soon as his eyes locked your back, for once he was speechless.

The silence rang in the kitchen making you turn your head and take a look at him just to find his lips part slightly as he takes in your appearance.

“Is there something on my face? I don’t understand wh-”

“Is that my shirt?”Jay asked, making you have a little confidence as you started to tear.

"No, it's my ex's one, you know Kai." You said, trying to hint him at the joke.

But every expression on his face screamed sadness, he didn't get the joke.

"I didn't know you still have his clothes." Jay muttered a little bit slowly.

A pregnant silence followed as you waited for him to say something. Anything.

"I think I'm going to sleep." Those were the words he left you with to go to your bedroom.

You just stood there with the spoon in your hand, shocked about the sudden change of events.

It was just a joke.

Quickly you took off your apron, and walked towards the bedroom following him. You found him already tucked to bed covering his whole body.

Shit.

You cursed under your breath as you watched him under the covers. You decide to take the covers off, just for him to grab it back. He was
Jealous.

Just what the hell you were thinking when you spoke the words.

Yelling at yourself, you make yourself inder the covers, just for your face to grab his. Looking at his eyes with such intensity, he was damn angry to not show it, his eyes were dark orbs staring at you as if he wanted to grab that shirt and make it into rags.

He didn't want you wearing it.

Not even talking about your ex.

He was already tired but you just made him feel worse.

"You are dumb Jay." You muttered indeed your breath while he watched you under the covers- his face was so close to yours.

The chemical attention between you two.

"Not as much as your ex." He said back, he didn't try to hide his anger- not even the sadness of his voice. He was honest.

An honest man.

"You are dumb." You spike again.

He didn't answer.

"You don't even know your clothes." You spoke, making him frown at you, before he started to see the smile on your face.

You just tricked him and he wad dumb to believe it.

"Get up." Jay spoke, making the covers lay around you two. Before you felt his fingers around your waist making you turn around- your back to his chest.

His fingers started to feel the fabric before he looked at the smile tag inside the t-shirt. "It's mine." He whispered.

"It's yours." You confirmed.

"And you are mine." Jay spoke what he didn't believe he would say. Making you confirm his words.

"I'm yours."

You smile, kissing his neck before saying." You are really a snake."

"A snake who you caught." You said.

Jay just smiled at you before he hugged you close to his body, "let's sleep." He spoke

"The pasta?"

"Leave it." Jay spoke as he started to brush your hair with his fingers.

“Well, good night then. Wake me up if I start snoring.”

You feel myself drift off into sweet slumber, listening to the lullaby of his soft breathing and calm steady heartbeat, feeling the warmth of his body against yours.

The best thing you could wish to have.

Him- Jay.

Check out my book plot twist

It's completed <3