father's death

@inkkoya

"You hungry?" Jay asked as he watched y/n from behind the island from the stool he sat on.

When she woke up that morning, she insisted on going to visit her father. It's been weeks since she didn't visit her grave, her heart and mind terribly missed talking to her father. Nikki had driven them both to the cemetery and let Jay take responsibility afterwards. 

She had watched from near, they stood at the front of the funeral. Everyone's heads were down. Maybe it was them showing respect or maybe they were too afraid to look at what was coming.

Jay gave her all the privacy when she was talking to her father's grave. It was heartbreaking to watch her cry over her, she was still grieving even after many years had passed. Pieces were broken and still are.

She still remembers how her fathers coffin was dark stained cherry and it was perfectly polished. It had a cushioned and silky lining. It seemed inviting. It was good to know that at least his dad was resting in a comfortable place.

When they got back to her Apartment, Jay asked her if she was hungry and what she fancy for food. y/n looked at him for a moment and scrunched her forehead "Yes?" She answered. "ls that weird cause i just had a meal before going out"

He laughed, "No it's not." He said, "And that was hours ago"

Jay got up and walked around the island and joined her in the kitchen. "I can whip something up."

"You can cook?" She asked, surprised.

"I'm hurt."Jay said with a sad face "You think so little of me"

She smiled.

"No. I just thought you were the fast-food or personal chef kind of guy"

"See?" He said "So little." She laughed and Jay couldn't help the smile as he watched her laugh. y/n's laugh died down when she noticed he was staring. Jay walked up to her and all humour disappeared from her face as the tension between them rose from zero to a hundred in seconds.

He reached behind her head and pulled

out the pins that kept her hair in that bun of hers. He had wanted to do it since they went to the diner, so he had found the pins and taken them off. 

y/n's hair loosened and fell freely around her and Jay tucked his fingers into her head down to the tips and through. She felt relieved, with her hair free and his hand in her hair, it was soothing.

"I've been wanting to do that, all the day along"

She smiled at him as he looked into her eyes. She felt her heartbeat speed up and with his hand at the nape of her neck, she was scared he would feel her pulse.

He didn't understand why anytime he was this close to her, he found himself unable to think of anything except her in his arms. y/n was becoming unstable both mentally and physically, her hands found their way to the lapels of his jacket and fisted.

Her tiredness and the hypnosis she was

currently under was making her dizzy. She wasn't sure which she should do; pull him by his lapels and kiss him senseless or push away from him.

"I think l'm tired" She said more to herself than to him, giving a reason why she was acting this way.

Jay stopped, he wanted to clench his jaw but he remembered what scene he accused this morning. Her grief.

Her head had tilted upward as she tried to adjust to the pull in her hair. Her fingers curled around the locket dangling from around her neck.

"There's no stopping y/n" He said, "Everyday something would remind you of him, you can't keep being sad because of that. Instead, you smile with the memory of him and not worry about trying to block out your feelings. Grieve him as long as you want to and one day you'll be able to smile when you think of him and not cry. Embrace the grief, y/n."

She looked at Jay and he saw the storm in her eyes and he watched as the storm calmed and her eyes teared up. She let the grieve overwhelm her and she let the walls she had put up crumble and a dam came through. 

Jay pulled her into him and didn't say a word as she cried into his shoulder. 

Time passed and y/n' cry had turned into soft sniffles and before she knew it, she was out like a light. y/n had waited till it was dark and carried her to her bedroom.

He carried her to her room and tucked her in bed. "Thank you" she mumbled.

"Shh" he  stopped her before she could get it out "You have nothing to be thankful for. I'll always be there for you." 

He brushed her hair behind her shoulder and she just tilted her head to the side, his touch burning her skin.

She didn't know what daze she was in whenever he was near her and he had shown her a side of himself today that told her all she needed to know about him.

It was a dream. A dream came true. A true knight in shining Armor. An Armor that he used to protect everyone he cared about.

y/n reached up and placed her hand behind his neck and pulled him down as she went on tippy toes. She gave him a moment to stop her but he didn't and she crashed her lips with his.

She welcomed the tingles and the heat.

Jay's hands went to her waist and kissed her on her right cheek. "Do you want me to sleep with you or alone?" Jay voiced mannered.

"No-Stay with me tonight" She begged.

Jay smiled. "Let's cuddle then." 

😭