He Promised

Chapter: 26

"So why did you guys come to London?" Zayn asked when we were eating dinner.

"Our school wanted the twenty highest scorers for Euro History to go on their European trip, Amairany and I happened to make it on the list so we came and we were luckily signed to come to England." I said as I looked at Zayn happily.

"That's amazing! For how long?" He asked happily and turned to me.

"Two more months." Amairany answered for me.

"Such a short time." Harry said looking at Amairany.

"I know." I said looking down sadly.

"Let's make the best of it then!" Said Harry getting out of his seat.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked now curious.

"What I mean is let's go party!" He said helping Amairany up and asking for the check.

"I don't know about that." I said hesitantly looking at Zayn.

"Common! Don't be a party pooper." Said Harry as he went to go pay. A little intimidated I looked at Zayn.

"Do you want to go?" I asked looking at Zayn for some escape.

"Whatever you want to do love." He said holding my hand and kissing me softly. Finding no avail with Zayn I reluctantly agreed to Harry's proposal.

He said he would lead the way and Zayn followed his car.

Upon arriving I looked at Zayn one last time hoping he would change his mind but he helped me out and we walked into a club with blaring music, a dance floor full of people, and a bar being preoccupied with many people.

I felt beyond uncomfortable and saw Zayn make his way to the bar, I followed behind like a lost pup. I saw Amairany downing drinks like there was no tomorrow and Harry talking to her and laughing but he had no drink in his hand, he was most likely going to drive then.

"Buchanan en las Rochas." I heard Zayn order and I sat down next to him as I saw his drink being made.

"And a X-rated cocktail." He said when I sat down. They handed him his drink and set a cocktail out in front of me. I didn't dare touch it. Zayn looked at me funny.

"Why don't you drink your drink?" He asked amused, alcohol obviously in his breath.

"I don't really drink." I said scrunching my nose while looking at my drink.

"Don't be a dumb and drink it, another round." He told the bartender and I looked at him surprised. He usual didn't talk like this. It was probably the alcohol I thought as I shook the thought away but still didn't touch my drink. I looked to see Amairany and Harry making out and turned away quickly, still uncomfortable. I felt Zayn tug at my arm, beckoning me to dance with him.

I went to the dance floor still uncomfortable and Zayn oblivious to that.

"Zayn, I think I'm going back to the hotel." I said backing away from him.

"Common don't be a bummer, stay out a little longer." He said his breath still smelling of alcohol.

"No, I have to go out tomorrow with my class." I said now turning away.

"Whatever bye then." He said irritated and turned away and went back to the bar, his words fell like stones dropping on my heart. I shook off the feeling and walked toward the exit. 'guess I'm walking myself back home.' I thought.

I went out into the 40 degree weather not after awkwardly breaking up Harry and Amairany from their 'get a room' make out session and telling Harry to take Zayn with him.

Walking down the street I noticed I was a long ways from home, I was extremely cold, regretting not bringing a jacket and walked down the sidewalk. I saw the hotel in view after thirty minuets of pure teeth chattering and shivering I walked inside and up stairs to my room. I got a text from Zayn soon though 'I promise I'll take you out tomorrow.' Maybe he wasn't as drunk as I thought. I felt excited for tomorrow, maybe he would make up for his rude behaviour.

"Today you can explore the city, find out some new things." Our teacher said, dismissing us to do our assignment.

"So how was yesterday night for you?" I asked Amairany seeing she came back home at 4 in the morning, obviously exhausted.

"Amazing." She murmured as she went back to our hotel room, I followed close behind.

"I could notice by how you were downing drink after drink." I laughed as she stumbled into the room and jumped into bed.

"Why did you leave so soon?" She asked once she got under the sheets.

"I had to. I felt out of place there, like I didn't belong." I told her in all honesty.

"Did you even drink?" She asked curiously but her voice filled with sleep.

"No." I answered shortly after seeing her eyelids drop.

I didn't get any call or message from Zayn after last night, so I decided I would get ready right now and be ready early. I showered and put my cutest clothes I brought and did my hair. Half way through doing my hair I saw Amairany wake up and smiled at her.

"You look so cute! Where are you going?" She asked amused when she walked into the bathroom.

"On a date with Zayn, and thank you!" I said excitedly as she went to go order something to eat.

By the time I was done doing my hair, it was 4 o'clock. Still plenty of time. I stayed talking to Amairany while she ate trying to understand exactly what had happened last night. I read the time on my phone every couple of minuets to see what was taking Zayn so long.

"Don't worry he'll be here soon." Amairany smiled reassuringly and turned the t.v on to E!.

"Yeah your right, maybe he just forgot the hotel name or the room number." I smiled at her sure that he forgot just that.

"I'm going to lobby to see if he's there." I said to Amairany after thirty minuets of watching t.v and checking my phone.

I sat on the lobby couch looking at the entrance for Zayn to appear every once and a while and employes asked ten times if I needed help with anything and ten times I said no thank you. I looked at my phone to see it was 8 P.M., still no Zayn. I saw Fred come through the door and he looked questionably at me.

"What are you doing here, sitting all alone?" He asked sitting next to me on the lobby couch.

"I'm just waiting for someone." I said still determined Zayn would walk through the door soon.

"Well it's getting kind of late don't you think?" He said pointing out the obvious.

"Yeah but he'll be here soon." I said turning to Fred with a for sure look.

"Okay, well I'll be upstairs if you need me." He said standing up and walking to the elevator.

I waited for what seemed a lifetime see every person possible walk through the door but still no Zayn. When the clock struck midnight I knew he wasn't going to come, I hung my head in shame at my foolishness and hid my face in hands.

"Elizabeth, are you okay?" I heard Amairanys voice ask.

"He promised." Was all I could say as I weeped to myself, and kept repeating the same and felt Amairanys arms around me holding me.

I felt his promise ring on my right hand still.

'It's a promise ring, you can call it, I'll promise I'll call and text you when I can, I promise I won't ever let you down.' I heard his voice in my head as I felt Amairany guide me to our room. 'He broke his promise.' Was all I thought throughout the night of a dreamless night.