Only Goodbye For Now

Chapter: 15

I dreaded today, today was the day Zayn left the US. As I got ready I knew I had to mentally prepare myself for when he left, even though I had only known him for two weeks, it felt like I knew him for an eternity. I felt my heart drop every moment an hour went by, soon I had to go to the airport, it was a half hour drive but I wanted to be there a little earlier just in case.

Upon entering the parking lot I saw the entrance filled with girls circling around the entrance, only a narrow line for airport comers to go through.

'Gosh, those are a lot of girls!' I looked at them with wide eyes.

As I turned my car off I looked at the clock on my car, 5:00. 'Still time to spare.'

I exited the car and felt a vibration from my phone and saw a text from Zayn pop up.

'You there yet love?'

I looked up again to see girls waiting intently, looking everywhere. Then turned my attention back to my phone.

'Yes I am, there's a lot of girls waiting for you guys at the airport though.'

I replied, now worried if they saw Zayn and I together, it would crush their hearts. A few moment later he replied.

'It won't be a problem, don't worry love.'

Smiling at his reassurance I went to go inside the airport.

"Where are they?"

"Oh my god if I see Niall I'm going to run up to him and hug him."

"I wonder if Liam will do a twitcam when they get bak."

"Louis is going to have his sass pants on today if someone touches him!"

"Harry's curls are going to be in touching distance, oh my god!"

"Zayn is going to be here, he's going to have the quiff!"

I smiled at the remark about Zayn Remembering how I described him to Amairany. They all seemed so excited to meet them, happiness written all over their face. Going through the metal detector was a breeze. I waited on a bench that had a view of the entrance. I saw some girls in the airport too, biting their nails looking everywhere, hoping to spot Zayn and his friends probably.

I felt another vibration and saw Zayn text me again.

'Im almost there love, meet me at A-9.'

As I followed Zayn's instructions I went to A-9, needing a map seeing I've only been to an airport once in my life. When I saw A-9 halfway up the walkway, I heard high pitched screams. Not looking back I already knew Zayn and his friends were here. I saw a lot of girls run up towards the entrance, taking the risk of being trampled on just to see a glimpse of them. I smiled at how they could do that to people, security ran over also to help them go through I assumed. I saw girls crying and reaching out, first to come out of the crowd was a really good looking boy with blue eyes, fluffed brown hair, a white shirt with the sleeves grey, gray sweats, and white vans. He seemed concentrated on just moving forward. He walked swiftly passed me not even giving me a glance.

A adorable boy with curled out hair and deep brown eyes came next smiling and looking back at the girls happily he had a purple and white plaid shirt, with dark jeans, and white converse on. He smiled at me warmly and kept walking not as fast as the first boy.

The next boy that came was a very cute boy with ice blue eyes and blonde hair. He had the happiest smile on his face and grinned even more when girls reached out for him. He had a grey zip up sweater with a white tee shirt under it and grey pants matching with white vans. He gave me a full grin and continued his was to the terminal.

Next came the boy I just met yesterday, Harry. This time he had a dark blue shirt on with black pants and white converse. He smiled at me showing me his dimples and kept walking, following the others.

My heart was pounding as I waited for Zayn to come through the crowd. As I saw him stepping out of the crowd I smiled wide happy to see him again. He was wearing a white tee shirt with a denim jacket,black pants and white converse. He smiled at me happily and gestured me to follow him, as I made my way next to him we walked side by side waiting until we got somewhere private enough for him to hold my hand, intertwining our fingers.

I saw his friends walking into the terminal to board the plane. As I looked up to him he looked at me with sadness in his eyes, and hugged me close to him, I laid my head on his chest, closing my eyes hoping it was a dream. I felt him pull something from his pocket and slip from our hug holding a ring out from its case, I looked up to his face in confusion. Why did he pull a ring out?

Answering my questionable look.

"It's a promise ring, you can call it." He said smiling down at me.

I held my left hand out hesitantly. He chuckled and took in my right hand instead and slipped the ring on my ring finger.

"That finger will get its turn soon." He said smiling and leaned in to give me a sweet, passionate kiss. When we pulled apart I put my forehead against his, looking into his eyes smiling at what a sweet thing he said. He again intertwined his fingers in mine.

"I really don't want to leave you." He whispered while fiddling with the new ring on my right hand.

"I don't want you to leave either." I murmured trying to hold back the pain in my voice.

"I promise I'll call when I can and text you when I can." He said holding me close to his body kissing my hair soothingly.

"A-9 will be departing shortly" said the announcer.

"I have to go now love, promise me you won't take that off." He gestured to the ring on my finger, slowly loosing grip on my hands. When he finally let go, I felt a blur in my vision and felt a lump in my throat, burning to be let out.

"I promise." I whispered quietly as a felt a tear fall down and three more being released into the air, falling down on the floor.

I felt my chin being held up and saw Zayn looking at me deep pain in his expression he hugged me tightly and leaned in for an affectionate kiss this time.

"It's only goodbye for now Elizabeth." He said smiling at me sadly.

"I guess you're right." I said half smiling and hugged him back.

"I love you." He said looking at me deeply, seriousness in his face. He leaned in again and gave me the most passionate, love filled, kiss ever.

As he pulled apart from me I smiled.

"So do I." I said hugging him from neck tightly.

"Last call for A-9" warned the announcer.

"You should go now before you miss your flight." I said letting go of our embrace and gestured him to go ahead.

"You're right. Elizabeth, I promise we will see each other again." He said and caressed my check and kissed me one last time before turning to go through the terminal. I waited until I saw his figure no longer be in eye visibility anymore and went to sit on a bench near by and broke down into tears, breaking down the barrier of mine I built up for Zayn not to see, even though he still got a peek of it before he left.