I Knew Better

Chapter: 7

Elizabeth's POV:

Zayn didn't answer my text message which struck me odd. He always answered. Trying to pass the thought I tried to pay attention to my favorite class, English. we were reading a novel 'The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn' but I could care less because I had already read the book during the summer. So instead I passed time doodling in my notebook. I doodled a rose, the same roses that Zayn gave me. 'I've only been on one date with him and I already can get him off my mind' I thought smiling at my own little remark.

I heard the bell ring to get to my next class, Pre-Calculus. How I dreaded that class or a better way to put it, how I dreaded math in general. As I dragged my feet across the cement I saw my friend Amairany approach me yet again.

"How I wish I could have gone to that signing, but instead I had to stay with Mr. Gregerson and Algebra 2." Slight annoyance in her voice but mixed with disappointment.

"What do you mean a signing?" I asked her very curious now, who would go to get something signed, that just sounds absurd.

"One Direction had a signing today, and I couldn't go tell Harry Styles that he missed our wedding February 30." She smiled at the end of her sentence.

"Ah I see." Giggling at her remark.

As we made our way into the quad she said "You don't know much about them do you?"

"Nope I barely know anything about them. Everyone talks about them and their really mainstream. I only know about them from you really." Telling her in all honesty.

"Do you want me to tell you about them?" She asked me slowly the ends of her lips beginning to turn up-ward just by thinking of them.

"No thanks, it's not like I'll ever meet them, and if I do, then I doubt I'll ever have a connection with them." I said to her. I was being realistic, even though they were regular people, they had looks that people would kill for and they could have anyone they wanted, I was thankful that Zayn was talking to me at least and he was the sweetest most amazing person that has ever come into my life. Even after knowing him for a week, He's made a huge impact on me. Thinking about him just made me smile.

"Well I guess your right." Amairany said sadly.

"Hey! Don't you doubt yourself Amairany. Any guy would be lucky to have you. I bet you'll met them and Harry will fall in love with you." I said so I could make her feel better, trying to take back my words.

She looked at me with joy "Thanks Elizabeth." As she said that the one minuet bell rang. "Ah! Gotta go now!"

As we made our separate ways I couldn't help but think how nice it was to have her as a friend, I could come to her with almost everything and anything and she will understand.

Pre-Calc was boring as always but my friends in that class made it fun because they could make almost anything fun in that class. But my mind was preoccupied on Zayn.

"You okay Elizabeth?" My friend Carlos asked, generally concerned removing himself from the conversation that he was having with the class.

"Yeah I'm just doing some thinking on the lesson." Half lying I was thinking, just not of the lesson.

"Do you need help?" Carlos asked trying to be helpful.

"No I think I got it, thanks." Ending the conversation with him.

'Even my classmates notice I'm thinking.' I thought.

The rest of the day went by with a breeze. Still no text from Zayn. Maybe he was just busy for the day, he had been busy all weekend. Dismissing it I went to my car and started to make my way home I went to get dressed for work.

As I made my way to my shop the day went slower and each hour that went by I would dread for Zayn to walk through the door. Finally work ended and I went back home. I stayed in my car for a while when I got home though, thinking, I put my hands on my face frustrated. As I got inside my house I noticed that my parents were asleep already. My brother went to college already so it was just me. As I made my way to the kitchen I started to make myself a meal completely forgetting about my concern with Zayn. When I was finished I went inside my room and saw the vase of roses. Fed up I got ready for bed. As I was getting under the sheets I felt a vibration. Looking at the message I smiled 'Sorry I haven't been able to talk to you today love and your probably asleep by now, I'm truly sorry and I will make it up to you. I hope you read this when you wake up and hopefully forgive me. xx'

'I knew he was busy' I smiled to myself knowing that I should have known better.