Once In A Life Time Experience

Chapter: 16

I stayed in the airport long after Zayn left to his plane, still crying to myself, people passing by giving me strange looks but not one attempted to disturb my sorrow. Finally I looked up from the ground to see many girls 'still looking for Zayn and his friends' I thought to myself and decided it was best if I left the airport before my parents got worried and started to look for me. I wiped the fresh tears streaming down my face that had fallen, also feeling the dry salty tears stick to my face as I made my way outside of the airport.

As I walked out I saw a girl violently shaking and crying she looked up to me with joy in her eyes.

"Did you see them?" She asked joy in her eyes. I looked at her with a small smile, already knowing who she was referring to.

"Yes, and it was amazing." I whispered to her walking off to my car and driving home, still heart broken but felt some sort of happiness giving the girl reassurance.

As I woke up the next morning, bags under my eyes from the lack of sleep I had, I went to school. I tried my best to cover up the events from yesterday as best as I could. Everyone was preparing for summer vacation, in a week we would be off into the summer. All my classes were a bore until I got to Euro History, I had my good friend Amairany in that class. When I walked into the class I saw her look up from her paper, most likely the warm up on the board, and smile at me.

Once class began my teacher went to the middle of the room.

"Class, I have an announcement." I looked up sleepy as I tried my best to stay awake, I was really good in history and enjoyed it, but rightnow In all honesty, I was hating it.

"We will be sending the twenty top test scorers to Europe for them to learn more about Euro History." She said smiling. "The Top people will be called into the counsels office at the end of the period."

'It'll probably be Susan or Fernanda.' I thought to myself laying my head back down on the desk trying to take a quick nap.

I felt someone tap my head and I woke up to see Amairany standing in front of me.

"Elizabeth, they called us up to the counsels office." She said still standing, her hand on her satchel.

"Ughh." I groaned, to tired to get up but I had to.

We went outside and went across the green field to shorten the walk. When we walked in we were greeted with the smell of a floral aroma. The receptionist smiled at us and stood up leading us to the councils office.

Our counselor for the Juniors was there and smiled at us.

"We have some exciting news for you two." She said still maintaining that warm reassuring smile.

"You two scored the highest in your sixth period class, meaning, you guys will be joining the trip to Europe!" She said with joy.

My eyes now wide awake from the new information I had just heard I looked at Amairany. She looked equally as pleased to hear this as me.

"You guys will be leaving in a week most likely, everything is being funded by a charity for high schoolers. All we need is your parents permission to let you two go along with the twenty others and you guys will be on your way!" She said happily looking at me and Amairany for a response.

"How long will we be gone?" I asked trying to gather up everything I had just heard, never had I thought I would score so high in history, I was excellent in that subject but I never expected anything from it.

"Until summer vacation is over. So what do you guys say?" She looked at us intently, hoping for the right answer.

"I can most likely go if my parents and work is okay with it." I said looking at Amairany for her answer.