Work and rain

Hunter drives like a mad man even when he's not angry about me, or maybe he is. I clung tightly to the side of the door and closed my eyes, waiting anxiously for him to reach a car wash. It felt like forever until the car came to a slow stop. I took a deep breath, opening my eyes to see that we were in a car wash bay.

"Get going" he grumbled, I took off the seat belt and pulled at the door handle, the door clicked and swung open, I gaped at it briefly.

That's a first.

I shut the door carefully and looked around the bay, I spotted the buttons which control everything and approached it, Hunter's window could be heard sliding down.

"You can't be that stupid" muttered Hunter, I examined the panel only to realise that it took coins.

Why must I be so stupid.

"Come" commanded Hunter, I moved to his window slowly, heeding Daryl's words.

He dumped some coins into my hand.

His window slowly closed, I stared at my red faced reflection and moved back to the panel, where I slipped the coins into the appropriate slot and set to work. I limped around the car as I blasted soap, water and wax over it, it was easy enough, just point the hose while pulling the trigger and scrub with the massive brush.

I stared at the car carefully, making sure I didn't miss a spot, with how easily irritated people are, a small speck of dirt could get me shot.

Or maybe I'm just over thinking.

"Stop fussing. Get in the car before I leave you here" he grumbled as he opened his door slightly. I quickly limped to the back seat and sat down, being left behind didn't sound so bad, but I could only fear the repercussions of me defying him while he's behind the wheel and I'm still far to injured to run.

I barely got time to click the seatbelt into place before he pressed the accelerate and skidded out of the bay, I yelped and clung tighter to the door.

Maybe I should have just stayed behind.

He drove down a busy road, swerving and plowing past pedestrians and other cars, people honked after him, shouting words of terror and annoyance. I was glad when he finally pulled into an underground parking area, it seemed barren other then a lone car.

"Get out" commanded Hunter, I quickly moved out and shut my door as did Hunter, he was glaring at the other car.

"You're going to go out that exit and stop by the burger place. You'll be getting me a plain beef burger with cheese, tomato and lettuce" he explained gruffly, he pointed slightly towards the exit far off from us. "Do you have any issue with that?!" He growled, seeing how conflicted I was. I cringed slightly.

"Of course not" I squeaked, he passed me some money and waited for me to begin my trek. It feels oddly like he's just getting rid of me so that he can do something else, or else it's the reason he brought me here. So that he can get food without having to order it.

I limped away, unable to find any will to argue the matter, despite the fact I probably shouldn't be putting much  strain on my injured leg. I left the cold and quiet parking lot for the sweet sounds of city life, people walking around and cars driving by.

I examined all of the nearby shops, finally noticing a big sign with a picture of a burger, I limped towards it while clutching the money inside of my pocket. Hopefully once I do this, he'll let me go for the day, then I can plot out my next escape attempt. I entered the busy shop and sighed, this may take a while.

"Next please!" Called a man, I approached the register and tried not to freak out.

What did Hunter want again?!