Don't throw rocks at mutts

My legs moved and I darted towards a small steel shed, ducking behind it. I flinching at the loud clang of something metal being hit. My heart racing like crazy.

"You wanna have some fun with this huh?! We can play chicken," his bat could be heard dragging across the dirt, rocks scraping the metal. "All you need to do is come out and stand still, because in this game, you can be the fat little hen that's going to get it's head lopped off" he stated, his voice eerily calm, sending tremors through me and then he chuckled.

I held my breath, my eyes wide. I need to get out of here.

The bat dragged across the rusty old shed, making a horrible noise. I slowly tried to circle around to the other side of the shed, I watched him step around the shed, kicking it into high gear as my feet skidded on the dirt.

"You were going to kill me anyway!" I shouted, cowering at the loud bang of his bat hitting the shed, the whole thing wobbled and swayed, I ran out, looking around the area. Some trees were a distance away but this place was flat and the ground loose gravelly dirt, just a big outback parking space.

I heard a new bang, flinching and glancing back, he held his gun in his other hand, watching me with a smirk.

"Of course I was already going to kill you, beat you to a bloody pulp, you should be choking on your own blood right now. What? You scared?" He taunted. His voice remaining calm and level, this isn't the first time he's done this. I skidded on the dirt, trying to move faster.

I could see the world in perfect clarity, yet I was also haunted by my rapid heartbeat. His feet crunched, he was running. I screamed as the bat made contact with my side. I crashed to the ground and scrambled up, picking up a rock.

"Was going to tell Daryl 'ooops, she didn't make it, sorry' then everything will be like you never were here, I'd find a new game to play with someone who isn't causing me so many issues" he stated. I gulped, looking around. I threw the rock at him, he swung his bat and the rock shattered into pieces.

I gulped and scrambled away, to the car, grabbing the door handle. A loud 'Ding' sound jolted me, a hole... A bullet sized hole in the car door besides me, the door locked.

"You've made me damage my car, guess that's another reason to kill you" he stated, his voice calm and threatening. I screamed as the bat wacked me in my side. I scrambled to my feet, shoving away from him as he moved to hit me again.

Panting and terrified, I looked around for escape. Pain ran up my leg as I slipped in the dirt, I crashed to my side and grabbed some more rocks, pushing my body backwards as the pain in my side finally began to make itself known.

I threw a rock, it missed him all together, bouncing away innocently. I pushed my body back further, fear crawling it's way up my insides, along my skin. I tossed another one, this one he batted away, it bounced past me. I let out a shaky breath, tossing another, he hit it hard.

I cried out as pain erupted in my forehead, blood slowly beginning to leak past my eye, the rock fell to my lap, cracked and missing pieces. I watched him approach, walking calmly. I shook, forcing myself not to cry. Noone will care if I go out crying...

An engine revved loudly, Hunter held his gun, pointing it at me, he pulled the trigger, I cried out, it missed me.

"Oh no, you're not dying to a bullet wound, you are going to suffer" he growled. I watched him wide eyed. He bounced the bat in his hand and I pulled my body in, trying best to protect it.

"Please, I don't want to die! You sick psycho! Just leave me alone!" I cried out, he tutted.

"But I want you to" he stated harshly. He raised the bat, I closed my eyes, the sound of a car and wheels on dirt loud, rocks bouncing up and hitting me. I flinched at the painful little hits. I opened my eyes, seeing a dust cloud surrounding us. Another car could be heard slowly pulling up.