Gentle cruelty

We came to a stop, I could see some light coming in from outside, but to anxious to actually look at what was there. He said my punishment is tomorrow... So what's happening tonight?

I tensed as my door opened, removing my seatbelt with shaky hands. He watched without reaction. A neutral look on his face. I got out and looked around the cold area, the area was a mess, old wood and rusted metal littering the ground, I looked up at him.

"Where are we?" I asked, unable to see into the darker areas. He closed the car door and walked forwards, I followed, watching my step, intent on not having a nail stab through my shoe. He walked with confidence, not even looking down in the dark.

He opened a creaky door and I entered with him. The door shut. He pulled a chain turning on a dull and barely working light. A bed sat against a wall beside a small side table. He dumped a small bag on the ground. I looked to him nervously.

"Whe-" I went to ask again.

"You'll be staying here. Since you'll end up getting lost somehow. Now will I have to lock the door when I leave or will you remain inside?" His eyes on me hard and calculating.

"What about the toilet?" I squeaked, mentally slapping myself, out of all the things I could ask, I ask that?!

"You have a toilet. Through that door. Now will you stay in here?" He asked again, his voice firmer, annoyed by my question, I nodded quickly.

"Yes.... Daryl... Um sir..." I stammered. He nodded to himself and approached the door.

"Besides... If you did, my men would notice and tell me" he stated. I gulped and he slammed the door, the whole building rattled, it's not really a house if it's just a bedroom and toilet is it? Though at least I have a bed, my body sore from walking so much.

I picked up the bag and pulled out a bottle of water, pajamas and a change of clothes. Underneath the clothes was a mandarin and banana. Such little food... I don't understand... Maybe it's just because it's late?

I changed into the bedwear, it's been so long since I have worn them. I turned off the light and lay on the bed. Hiding under the blanket, letting it protect me from all the monsters as I fell asleep.

I was woken by the sound of machinery. I sat up and stared at the grey blanket. I feel so empty and defeated. Daryl has a tight hold of my life. I would say Hunter does to, but he dosen't seem to have everything under control like Daryl does...

I hugged my knees, it's early morning, the sun rising, I could see the faint light slowly trickle in from behind me. I don't want to be punished, I don't feel like I deserve it, I didn't even think I was able to get away.... I didn't even try run away then. I just kept working on coming back.

I buried my head against my knees. A part of me wanting to find Daryl and beg him to not do it, but it might make him angrier. I could hear the door squeak as it opened, I raised my head slightly and watched Daryl walk in. He swung his keys on his finger and looked my way. I sighed and buried my head against my knees again.

"The longer you take just extends the time of the punishment" he stated. I slowly stretched out and sat on the edge of the bed, I feel so tired.

"Are you angry with me?" I asked slowly, picking up the bag, I pulled out the banana and peeled it, slowly eating to try and settle the anxiety bubbling in my stomach.

"Not currently" he stated, I looked to him for a moment and glanced at the bag.

"Can I please at least eat first and change?" I asked, genuinely hoping I could. He checked his phone and glanced at me.

"10 minutes." He stated, he left me alone. I could hear him speaking outside, not sure if he was talking to someone in person or on the phone. I quickly finished the fruits and dressed, looking at the watch.