Shocking truths

We pulled up to a dock at the huge river that connects to the ocean. I can't remember the name of the river, was something long and native if I remember correctly. I have heard people use this as a safe place to head out to the ocean. Why are we here?!?! It's a few hours out of the city, I don't have the energy to deal with all of this...

"Hurry up" came Daryl's voice. I looked up, not even noticing they had left the car in my confusion and panic. I met his eyes, fear sinking in, last time I had to rush about and load trucks, will I be expected to do even more? Is that what they meant by the truth?

That I'm here to load weapons or something and that was their true intention for me...

"Taylor." Grumbled Daryl, he ran his hand through his hair and stopped. He grabbed my arm and I quickly stood. He scrutinised me, before looking around, Mr Collins was standing in front of a fishing boat, watching us, giving me a soft smile. I walked beside Daryl, some of the fishermen and women looked over slightly, others ignoring us. We stepped onto the boat and I wobbled, sitting quickly in a smooth blue chair.

Daryl seemed more steady in the rocking boat, Mr Collins began to drive the boat, and I clung to the armrests, closing my eyes as I felt bile rise in my stomach... I haven't been on a boat before. It was loud and fast, I don't think I like boats very much. I could feel slight cold sprinkles of water landing on me, my head dizzy.

I finally opened my eyes as we stopped, my throat tight as I resisted the urge to vomit. Being on a boat is way worse than a car on a pothole-filled road... We were by a small, empty dock, Mr Collins walking towards me, looking worried.

"Are you ok Taylor dear? You're as pale as a ghost, I didn't consider that you could be seasick, I'm so sorry" he said lightly, kneeling by my side and scavenging through an Esky, finally pulling out a bottle of water. "Here dear, some water should help" he offered, I took the bottle and he stood by me as I settled my stomach, Daryl tying up the boat. After I felt a little bit better, he helped me to my feet, linking his arm with mine, and guiding me towards the dock. He let me go and jumped off, offering me a hand, nervously I took it, jumping with my shaky legs onto the stable dock, my world seeming to sway and wobble, he held onto me and I jumped in surprise at a loud thump behind me. I looked at Daryl, he examined me and fixed up my shirt.

Mr Collins began to lead me off of the empty dock and onto the beachside. Boats could be seen passing by and fishing in the distance. I sat on a picnic table and drank more water, shaking my swaying head. Mr Collins and Daryl walked back to the boat, I watched in defeat. They want to tell me the truth? I can't help feeling I'll be fed to the fishes after this whole thing is done.

I stared at the cracked and old wood of the table, the shade of the trees preventing the sun from burning against me. I flinched as something heavy was placed on the table. I looked up at a basket, nervously waiting to see what weapon or torture tool they had prepared... What if they are going to cut out my tongue?! Beat me with...

My mind fell blank as I watched Mr Collins pull out some little foods, like cheese, kabana, salad, cold meats, chips and a bottle of Sprite. Wait... Is this... Is this a picnic? Sometimes these gang members really confuse me.

"Make whatever you want, I have cups and plates" he ushered, slowly I took a plate and grabbed a mix of the ingredients, using some bread to turn the salad and cold meats into a sandwich. Daryl plopped down next to me heavily.

"Now that we're more comfortable. I will explain to you why this all started, I know it's probably boring for a young lady such as yourself, but I promise, it helps explain why some things are happening, the way they are." Mr Collins stated, taking a deep breath, he nudged a cup at me and bit into his own makeshift sandwich. Once he swallowed, he set it down.