Her Juliette

I followed as Trevor walked ahead, Suzy grinning wildly, tipping her hat to people. They gave her smiles, they probably thought she was some teenager under all that decoration. We made it to Kevin's car, getting into the back seats. Suzy squeezing my hands, her eyes teary and her smile super happy. I'm glad to have done this with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We made it to the neutral zone, Suzy never letting go of my hands. I felt more alive and excited, nearly forgetting what the neutral zone is to me, and what horrors it's put me through. I made my way into the main room, Nick was sitting on the couch, watching TV, he glanced over and grinned.

"Hey killer, you look pretty" he commented as he looked past me, a happy squeal filled my ears and Suzy ran past, jumping on Nick and hugging him. He hugged her back, he smiled warmly, it reminded me of watching a good father hold his daughter. She was crying, slightly messing up her makeup. An arm rested on my head, I can only guess it was Trevor, using me as an armrest to lean on, luckily on the side where I won't need to put too much pressure on my bad foot.

"Suzy went crazy. She was truly living her dream, having a girl to just be a girl with" Trevor said. Nick held onto Suzy, even as she went to move away, she almost looked like a child cuddled up to him. Yet she's not much shorter than him. Maybe it's her energy and the way she curled into him, he is the one that saved her, taking on a paternal role.

"Let go asshole" she whined, he chuckled and didn't let go, it reminded me of when he didn't let go of me, even if I asked nicely. Trevor nudged me and I gave him a confused look.

"They didn't make you too crazy did they Trev?" Asked Nick, purposefully ignoring the squirming Suzy, she pouted and looked at me.

"I told you he won't let go, he's so stubborn. Stupid dad" huffed Suzy, she giggled slightly. I walked closer, she wasn't actually struggling anymore, just holding onto him and yawning, a big smile on her face.

"If you say you need to go toilet, he'll let ya go" I joked, Nick looked up at me, it felt weird joking again, but it was nice. He moved a hand towards me, his behaviour so much more relaxed and happy than with Hunter or Daryl.  However, it's also the middle of the day, which isn't a common time to see him.

"Come here" he called, mischief lacing his voice. Suzy giggled, I jumped away, despite worry and nervousness lighting in my chest, I wasn't used to playing with gang leaders, but no one in this room has hurt me.

I squeaked as hands landed on my shoulders, spinning me and pushing me. I closed my eyes, fear rattling through me, I fell over the couch, an arm wrapping around my gut and pressing me against a warm side. I opened my eyes, I was sitting on the couch backwards, my head hanging above the floor.

"Seems I have two to hold now," Nick said, I watched Trevor sit down beside me, my hat on the floor.

"Let me go" I whined, the fear fading, but still a heavy reminder of how easily they could hurt me. I fell quiet for a moment, those feelings and thoughts making me hesitate, though it probably looks like I just got distracted by the action movie on the TV.

My head felt heavy.

"All the blood is rushing to my head" I quietly whined. They won't get annoyed at me complaining right? I know Hunter and Daryl do. Or will I grind down on their patience...

"Can I at least sit up properly?" I asked, still they purposefully ignored me. I took a deep breath. I hesitated as a door opened, unable to see who it was.

"Tired Daryl?" Questioned Trevor, I heard a frustrated grunt, the scrape of one of the bench chairs being pulled out, he must be sitting down.

"Some issues with weapons?" Asked Nick. Silence filled the room.