Breathing privilege

He stood in front of me, I could feel the anger radiating off of him. I gripped my pants tighter, staring at the ground stiffly, internally I was a wreck, my heart pounding and my ears ringing from the stress of it.

"Silver. Let me kill her" he growled, I widened my eyes and watched his feet step closer to me.

"No" stated Daryl, still audibly typing on the phone, his voice uncaring.

"She disrespected us! She deserves to fucking pay" Hunter stated, the coldness in his voice making me shiver, yet I followed Daryl's advice, I won't say a word, I guess unless I'm asked.... Does that count? Oh no, I don't know.

"She's an idiot, Hound. If I were to punish people for getting lost by killing them, I wouldn't have many people" scoffed Daryl. I was thrown backwards against the couch cushion, crying out in surprise, his hand around my throat.

I grabbed at his hand, crying out weakly at the pressure on my throat, I could still draw in small breaths, but anything else was difficult. He pulled out a black pistol and I squirmed, trying to beg him to not kill me, even if my voice was hoarse and restrained with his grip on my throat.

The plate I was eating the cake on shattered to the ground and he slapped me with the gun, it hurt and made me dizzy, I could feel my heartbeat through the impact area. He pressed the gun to my sore head. I cried as I struggled.

"Hunter, that's enough" snapped Kevin, trying to pull Hunter away, but his efforts were ignored.

"You're dead you stupid fucking bitch!" He threatened, he dragged my body from the couch as I flailed and pleaded. I hit the ground, the water everywhere and bits of the small plate littered near me. Replacing his hand, he used his foot to press on my throat,  I struggled, not knowing what to do or say to save myself.

I soon stopped struggling and just laid still as tears ran down my face, the pressure painful on my throat making me wheeze as I struggled to breath, he pressed harder and I felt like a fish, gaping at the ceiling to breath.

He removed his foot from my throat, I gasped for breath and tried to move away before he crashed his foot down on my gut, making me vomit into my throat, some leaking out the sides of my lips, my ribs ached from the impact as did the majority of my organs.

The heavy boot raised again, I cried out despairingly. The foot stopped before it could destroy my throat or break my neck. A butter knife was held out at Hunter, Daryl glared at him.

"I told you I had this sorted. Now you can have some cake, and we can all sit and be civilised, or you can go out and go sell some drugs. Do not go against me Hunter" warned Daryl in a cold voice, Hunter stepped away, Daryl flipped the knife over and held it out to Hunter.

"Now cut yourself a slice and don't you disrespect my rules" warned Daryl, Hunter gripped the butter knife, glaring at Daryl.

"What the fuck, who gives a shit about cake?! She ran off and got herself lost, don't act like she's deserving to live. She can die on this fucking floor, suffocate the little shit." snapped Hunter, glaring down at me.

"If you don't want any, then that's fine. It's just a dumb cake. But it was a peace offering from the errand girl, and I take that stuff seriously" stated Daryl. Hunter scowled, I curled into myself, gripping my gut, water soaking into my clothes and I felt like my nose was bleeding.

Hunter walked around the couch and he must be fuming. I coughed, bits of vomit leaving my mouth. I whimpered, Toby already mopping up the water. I flinched at a hand touching me, making me sob.

"I need to get you to sit up Taylor" explained Kevin, painfully I pulled myself back onto the couch staring down at my lap, my throat feeling tight and constricted. My gut aching, I stared emptily, I wiped my eyes, he handed me the same packet of tissues that Toby had. I took them and cleaned my face up, weak and terrified.