Not at fault

I traveled down a concrete path, yawning to myself, it was getting harder to limp, my injured leg had long since gone completely numb, I have to keep nervously glancing down to make sure I haven't somehow managed to twist my ankle or broke a toe. Curse those creepy psycho's for trapping me, this is ridiculous. In another show of genius, thanks to my distracting thoughts I nearly didn't notice the hulking mass of human which had stepped in front of me.

"Taylor, bosses orders for you to not enter the spines territory" came the surprisingly light voice of Mr hulk. I didn't even bother looking at his face, knowing the identity hiding cap and sunglasses would be on his person.

"Who do you work for? Daryl or Hunter?" I questioned bitterly, I'm getting sick of everyone saying what I should and shouldn't do.

"That is none of your concern" he muttered, he seemed confused by my tired and bitter attitude, I guess when you hurt all over and toilet water is stuck in your ear, you become a little mean.

"Yea, my only concern apparently is what those cree- I mean what one those two want me to do" I mumbled, I shouldn't be doing this. Making sarcastic remarks to some gang member can't be good for my safety. Maybe I just have some confidence because people are all around and if he tried to hurt me, some good Samaritan would at least defend me.

I hope.

"That is correct" he agreed, I examined the bulky body and shook my head.

"Tell me... Will I ever be free?" I asked him, it's scary knowing I'm basically in a massive cage, where people with guns, can and will make me suffer for stepping a foot out.

"I cannot tell you" he sympathised, great now the hulking gang member  is sympathising with me.

"Bye Mr hulk" I grumbled, he snickered at the name and I limped off, tired and just wanting a nice place to rest. I took a deep breath and staggered in a new direction, I needed to pee, yet I couldn't remember the way to the park toilets, not that I'd ever want to see them again.

Maybe I should find a bus stop, wait no... They haven't given me any instructions, I can't risk them thinking I'm running off. A gun to my back would probably be the least of my worries. A loud honk brought me back into reality, I really need to stop getting distracted while walking. I glanced around, a familiar blue hatchback was parked on the side of the road, Toby waved me over, a shudder ran up my spine, all my previous bitterness quickly forgotten.

"Silver wants you" explained Toby simply, I stared at him defeatedly, sparing my pocketed phone a quick glance, the guy should of just texted me.

"Look, you can get in yourself, or I can force you" added Toby, I frowned and pointed to my suitcase, I can't lose my only clothes and food source.

Toby sighed.

"One of the men will take care of it, just get in" grumbled Toby, I shakily grabbed the door handle, taking a deep breath. I didn't do anything that broke the rules, well the ones I've been told at least. I sat on the firm seat and slowly closed the door, feeling some internal pain for giving in to their control, it's not that crazy that I don't want to be shot.

It was a silent and warm drive, the firm seat nearly felt like a bed, the warmth from the heater gently caressing my injured body. The burn from the ring stung a little, yet it was bearable, so soft.....

"Wake up!" Snapped Toby, I sprang up in surprise, he grumbled to himself and I eyed him in confusion, he was holding the passenger door open and the car was turned off. I slowly placed my good foot down and hopped away from the car, as I tried pathetically to contain a yawn, already far to used to the garage, I barely had to look around to know where I was.