31.

"Will you be my girlfriend Hanbin?" I sat on my knee presenting the ring to the lady standing in front of me.

She nodded shyly accepting the ring. I slid the silver ring in her finger and stood up wrapping my arms around her smaller frame.

The next scene took place when I was standing in the middle of a spacious hall; bright light filled the room almost blinding me. I looked around confused as I was standing in between two groups of people aiming weapons at each other. Their eyes never looked at my figure or never met my eyes as if I was invisible in the scene.

Suddenly an ear piercing siren overflowed in the room, the lights flickered in between white and deep red. I clasped my hands over my ears, trying to stop the horrible siren. I sat down and closed my eyes tight not able to sustain the immense pain.

Everything silenced in the room, I finally opened my eyes and freed my ears from the grasp of my hands. I looked around, my eyes stung at the sight displayed in front of me. Red painted the whole huge hall, bodies scattered everywhere and a heart-wrenching scenario made my eyes cry. I ran and ran yet there was no exit to the room, I could feel the blood of other people splash on my clothes and face, I could smell the scent of the red liquid and I could hear the agonized screams of the other people as they clutched their wounds in extreme hurt, yet no sign of mercy or sympathy the opponents had towards each other.

I felt weak over and over again not able to find the exit to this torturous room. Suddenly I heard a feminine voice scream, the voice was peculiarly familiar to me, my head snapped back looking for the source of the voice. I couldn't see her no matter what I tried, her cries and sobs were audible to me yet I couldn't find her, hearing her painful cries made my heart tear apart and not able to see her made me awfully frustrated. Pushing aside the violent mob of people, I finally saw her.

Leaning against the wall weakly, dressed exactly same like them, almost dwelling into their colors yet the weakened aura and body language told me that she wasn't one of those. I ran towards her kneeling down beside her.

"Get up Hanbin, let's leave." I said and shook her exhausted figure.

"I-I can't." she said weakly, her lips pale and sweat trickled down her forehead.

"No we have to leave or else we both will die." I said, wrapping my arm around her shoulders for support.

"Park, I finally found you." I heard someone say, but before I could look back, Hanbin tightly hugged me turning me against the wall.

1

2

3

Three times the voice of a pistol being shot echoed in the hall but the thing which terrified me was that Hanbin's body shook at the three times and her tight grip around me got much tighter for a minute before her hands hung loosely around me. I gripped her figure tightly not letting her go. I could feel the liquid trickle down my hands as the wounds on her back started to bleed freely.

I looked up but there was no one there, the whole auditorium was empty just the remains of blood and weapons were there, telling me that they were here.

"H-hold up Hanbin, I'll do something." I said as I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, my hands shaking lightly. I tightly pressed the wounds to stop the further flow of blood.

"Stop it hurts more, I won't last long anyhow." She said a bitter yet weak laugh escaped from her lips. Her last part of the sentence made my heart sink deep into my chest as I shook my head, a stream of tears heaving down my cheeks.