THE FIGHT

We had said our goodbyes or maybe Seith had said his goodbyes as I waited for him by the car, he laughed, turning to walk towards me, hands in his pockets, smile falling as soon as his eyes met mine. I looked down, suddenly finding interest in my feet. My head was spinning, definitely wishing the wine would kick in now but I guess not.

He got in the driver's seat, a trail of breath taking cars I had never even seen or imagined in the streets as the others drove away happily, all of them seeming happy well except for us. I got in the car closing the door, the tension was already eating away at me as I clipped my seatbelt and the car pulling out as he drove away furiously. I sat there seeing his knuckles turn white as he drove past red lights leaving me to gasp clutching the seat belt tighter the car seeming to be flying on the road and in no time we were parking in the hotel's parking lot. My whole body was shaking, my mind buzzing as I let out a shaky breath looking to him and seeing that he was already out, hitting the door so hard I flinched where I sat. He was angry, he was furious and I knew I would get it as I undid the belt, opening the door to close it and slowly following behind as he stormed off to the elevator where the two guards stood outside looking ahead. Seeing us the guard used his key card, the doors opening as they ushered in with us the doors closing after.

We got to the penthouse being met by the dark and cold accompanied by silence that was so loud it had my skin shiver. I didn't know why he was so pissed off, I was the one who was supposed to be furious, I was the one who was supposed to be storming at him yet I found myself scared as if I had done something wrong.

I walked to the room hearing him breathe out loud in front of me trying to get a grip on himself but failing. Getting there I kicked off the heels, taking them to the closet where I neatly placed them. Walking out of the closet I came face to face with his furious self, eyes as if they could kill me just from one stare. I shook where I stood not wanting to seem so pathetic so I stood my ground, looking back at him straight in the eye even though my whole body wanted to quiver away.

"What was that?" He asked leaving me confused, what was what?

"What the fuck was that!" He said, his words like a sharp knife slicing through my skin.

"Was that some twisted plot of you trying to grab my attention, do you even know how you embarrassed me in front of my friends!"

"What are you talking about, I did not do shit!" I screamed back at him feeling so fired up, my heart pumping so hard my chest ached, so angry my voice was shaking.

"You were acting like a stupid whore, they tried to talk to you and you were acting as if you were just better than everyone totally ignoring everyone with your stupid attitude. Never realised how rude and arrogant you are. Were we boring you? Are my friends not good enough for you? And then that stunt, what the fuck were you thinking? You ruined their proposal, do you know that? You ruined someone's proposal ....."

The slap echoed all through the room my palm burning, his face turned from the impact and all I could see being red, heaving so badly I thought I would die. It seemed everything went still for a minute as he stood there, his head was still turned, his hands shaking so bad as I took a step back knowing that hitting him was the worst idea ever. His face turned back to me, his eyes like death itself surely knowing that I would get it now, surely knowing that at this moment I was going to die, my back hitting the wall with panic setting in.

I shook my head over and over again as if that would stop him, watching him stalk towards me ready to strangle me, ready to teach me a lesson, his eyes never leaving mine and just giving me a hint of how in deep shit I was.

"You promised me," the words slipped out of my mouth over and over again watching him get closer until he was just an inch, his stare deadly, filled with bloodlust.

"What did you expect me to do? You did not even introduce me, what was I supposed to say. 'Hey guys by the way my name is Melissa and yeah of course I am the fugitive and your friend's wife'.  I sat there like a chicken listening to you all talk about things I had no clue about, what did you want me to do huh? They just ignored me then boom I was put in the same category with a thief, a whore and a gold digger and you just sat there laughing along!!!" I literally screamed at him, his steps faltering as he stood right in front of me, face perplexed trying to think of what I said over, taking my chance to push away from him sliding away. The fat tears came rolling down my eyes as I slammed the bathroom door making sure to lock it, my legs carrying me to the sink, my hands gripping tightly to it, heaving and trying so hard to stop crying with my whole body shaking fear still coursing through my being leaving me pale and cold. I was tired and just needed to sleep.

He was right, I had ruined their proposal dinner and I felt so bad my guilt eating at me as I turned, wishing to never see any of them again not sure if I could bare the shame. I shimmered out of the dress goose bumps covering my skin, my teeth chattering, totally drained from the awful night that had once been so promising. There was no way that Seith and I were going to have a normal relationship; this was a mistake, this was a freak show.

I slipped in the shower, steam filling the bathroom, the warm water falling on my back drumming and leaving my skin numb. I swallowed the lump in my throat the tears being the only comfort I would get feeling the weight I was carrying on my shoulders way me down as I leaned on the tiled wall standing there with my eyes closed not even sure how long I had been in there but when I stepped out my skin was pale and wrinkled, exhaustion letting itself be known as I wrapped the towel around my chest, walking out of the bathroom hair wrapped in another towel knowing what I had to do to it.

The key turned, pushing the handle down, the door giving away as I strolled out freezing half way through the room eyes falling on the man sitting at the edge of the bed looking as if he was carrying the world on his shoulders his shoes and socks taken out, pants off leaving only his briefs and shirt. I seriously had not thought he would still be here, had thought he would go to his mistresses or something.

I shook my head continuing with my way to the closet as he got up, we passing each other not even acknowledging each other as I made my way to the closet and him to the bathroom closing the door behind him.

Was he still angry?

I could not help but ask sighing seeing no happy ending here as I went on applying some lotion then pulled on my silky shorts and spaghetti strapped top. I walked over to the bed flipping the covers and slipping in, sighing in relief to finally ease my body down yet as much as I closed my eyes sleep played games with me leaving me hoping it would kick in before he came back because I just did not want to deal with him at this point. I could hear the water running my mind drifting off to what the newly engaged couple was doing right now, a smile slipped on my face as I thought on how happy she looked and how he was totally whipped over her-love was a beautiful thing.

The door opened, my eyes quickly closing shut hearing the soft patter of feet, his scent hitting me like a brick finding it hard to stay still with my heart hammering making it impossible to hear anything. I lay there not even sure where he was at this point but not daring to move even my pinkie.

The bed dipped, my heart going crazy as he slipped in, his warm soft skin brushing against mine while trying to get comfortable leaving me frozen like a chicken even my breathing sounding too loud.

"I'm sorry, I should have introduced you to the group as my wife, did not know how uncomfortable you were." He said making me nearly freak out.
Shit, how did he know I was awake? I didn't know what to do at this point, continue pretending to be sleeping or just talk to him. I felt stupid, deciding to give up the act turning around, my eyes opening and immediately locking with dark eyes staring right at me in the darkness. His face was lighted by the bright moon that shone through the glass doors leading to the balcony, his hair damp and messy, his face- lord this man was something else.

"It's okay, I was also a bit dramatic." I said.

"I don't know what I should do in your life, I think I should just move out and stay out of your way. I will still be your wife but we can continue living our separate lives." I said knowing that he would be ecstatic about it not having to come back to me invading his space and doing whatever he wanted with whoever. This would be good for both of us because staying here would surely leave me losing my mind.

My eyes fell on him, his face not showing anything, drinking me in with his eyes making me shy away from his stare feeling as if he was undressing me.

I heard shuffling, my head snapping back only for my breath to hitch, our lips nearly brushing against each other with his breath fanning my skin, his delicious scent leaving me defenceless as my body betrayed me.

"You are my wife and I want you here in my bed where I will make love to you and hear you scream my name until your chords snap filling you with my seed and watching you carry my child."

Fuck!