FATTENING RANCH

This was not a house but a fattening ranch, food being my source of comfort and there was a lot of it. I sat on the couch, a fleece blanket covering my body as I sat legs crossed in the couch. The room was dark with the only source of light from the TV, my eyes not able to tear away from it with my lower lip quivering tears brimming in my eyes, my hand moving up the spoon slipping in my mouth. The ice cream melted away in my tongue as I went scooping some more trying so hard not to cry yet my heart breaking as the lady cried her heart out having just lost her husband. I hated this, hated this movie as I wiped away the tear that betrayed me scooping more ice cream, sliding the spoon in my mouth this being the worst movie ever. It made me cry so much and I hated it. This was how I spent my days, stuffing myself with food and watching sad movies that made me cry until my head hurt sure I had gained a lot of weight in the last two days.

Seith had not come back that night till this day, I did not know where he was, did not know where he slept, maybe he was with his girlfriends. Why did I care anywhere, he could screw whoever he wanted, I was cool, I was okay. Lord I hated him, I hated my life. I hated everything, the only thing giving me comfort being this 1 litre chocolate ice cream that was done and I put the container on the table, my stomach full yet my eyes could not tear from the pack of snacks on the table knowing I don't really want them yet found myself snatching them and opening the packet, chewing away as the next movie played hoping it was a bit happy because I was tired of crying.

A lot of light shot through the room making me groan hiding away in my blanket suddenly light sensitive as if I was suddenly a vampire. I peeked up hearing a person opening all the thick curtains that kept the room dark.

Who is that and what is their problem?

"Hey!" I shouted, springing off the couch ready to kick ass because I was sure I had been alone in this penthouse and did not hear anyone enter. I turned, my eyes falling on none other than my husband, but of course it would be him back from his adultery session.

I scoffed, turning around and slumping down on the couch my chips on the floor messing the place up.

"Please close the curtains." I said not even knowing when he got here, why did I not hear him?

I got no answer, looking around to find him nowhere to be seen. I huffed standing up and collecting the spilled chips on the rug looking around seeing that no one was in sight before eating them. When done I walked to the bedroom, searching for him, a thousand questions in my mind like where the fuck have you been? Are you okay? Have you been fucking other people?

I sounded crazy even in my head, we might have not exchanged vows or whatever but marriage was something so sacred and he could not just go around whoring. I shook my head, the anger moving in waves yet I did not want to sound like those nagging wives. Why did I even care? I paced around the room hearing the shower go on not sure what to do. Should I just give him the cold shoulder or should I confront him. What should I do? I should definitely talk to him, I thought to myself.

The door opened and out he stalked, naked making me squirm as I quickly turned around. My poor eyes yet a part of me wanted to look, a part of me wanted to peak and see. We were married right and I had a right to see.

Oohh keep it in your pants, a voice said inside me making me decide to just walk out of the room before I went crazy. Spending two full days in here alone had surely drove me crazy. I felt like I was suffocating, felt like I was trapped in a prison just wanting to catch a breath of fresh air for a while. I sat back in the couch, the movie playing yet it was watching me as my mind was somewhere else. My mind was miles away just listening for that door to open again.

The door opened, my head snapping around so quick seeing him walk out fully dressed in a suit obviously going to work. My heart dropped in the pit of my stomach as I turned around accepting my fate. I was not even sure why I was so sad, I did not know what I had expected from all this.

His phone was in ear as he listened, answering as he walked over to the elevator walking out just like that.

"Hold on Edgar," I heard him say trying to act as if I was watching the movie, acting as if I did not notice him when that was all I was doing, looking all the way to the way his hair was combed.

He walked back to me, each step he took my heart drumming loud as if it would tear from my chest, my hands shaking.

"Hi," his voice came, like really he was just going to 'hi' me after his disappearing act.

"Hey," I managed to say not even sure how I was speaking at this point wanting to tell him to go Hi his whores.

"I will come back around six, be ready we are going to dinner." He said, his voice music in my ears yet I kept a poker face not showing the excitement wanting to tell him to piss off but before I could answer he had placed a kiss on my fore head something that just melted my heart, walking to the opened elevator seeing Wess and Jack standing inside nearly waving at them.

Last time I talked to the guards they had chased me away saying I was keeping them from work, what work? Work my ass. I had opened the elevator, putting a stack of books to stop it from closing, sitting down with legs crossed all snacks spread on the floor talking on and on yet they never replied even refusing my snacks. They were weird, anyway after thirty minutes they chased me away, so rude and I never bothered them again.

I watched the elevator door close sighing not knowing if I should cry or jump in excitement. I just wanted someone who cared for me, that was all I asked, him being the only person in my life but I guess desperation had me grabbing at straws. I stood up, switching off the TV knowing I had five hours. What did dinner even mean? I had never really gone out to dinner with someone. Last time I did I was thirteen with my parents and it was just a casual thing so my clothes would do fine.

My body needed to soak off and relax so I drew a bath putting some bubble bath and other oils the hotel provides, the room smelling so nice as I sank in the water already feeling so better with my muscles relaxing as I thought of what we would talk about, it would just be me and him sitting and staring at each other. What would we talk about? I felt nervous, felt scared not wanting to embarrass myself.

My feet touched the cold tile floors thirty minutes later wanting to just go over my options not wanting to make him late again to our own date.

Who said it was a date?

I shook the thoughts out of my head as I applied lotion and deodorant moving on to the closet pulling on my simple black bra and comfy panties which now looking at them they seem so childish, seeing that they had the days of the week on them. I huffed looking for what to wear.

I pulled out different out fits wanting to look nice but not too excessive yet all my clothes were bland and home clothes, nothing that could be worn to a dinner date.

It's not a date!!!! The voice in my head was screaming, it being wise to listen to it. I did not know what to wear, there really was not much on my side leaving me stressed pacing up and down.

As much as I had been cleared going shopping was turning into a phobia for me, I just thought of that angry crowd making me fall in the bed totally not wanting to go out yet I had to, I had to wear something nice today, wanted to show off a little. Honestly I don't know what I was doing, maybe if he saw me all dressed up he would take interest. I shook my head hating how desperate I had turned, hating how weak I sounded yet it was how I felt. I had him and only him, just wanted him to be there. Why did he even marry me? He could have any woman he wanted, why me?

I was so confused, hating the way I felt yet my need to have him see me had me standing up, pulling a pair of leggings and grabbing one of his varsity sweaters just engulfing me whole, the hoodie hiding my face. I slid on some sandals, taking my cards and walking out of the penthouse to the elevator.

"Evening guys." I said doing a little wave.

" Ma'am," they said back that being all as I turned around, the doors opening to the garage, Wess walking out with me to the car. I slid in, him starting the engine.

"Where to Ma'am?" He asked.

"The mall please." I said, the word sounding like acid even in my mouth, no good memories from that place. We got there, the car parking underground with us taking an elevator up to the fashion court not knowing what I wanted really but hoping I would just know it when I saw it.

It was two hours later, six shops down and nothing. You know the feeling when you go shopping yet everything just does not excite you, you look and look, a store full of clothes yet seeing nothing you could actually spend money on. I sighed ready to give up yet I pushed on from one shop to the other picking up dresses and skirt nothing that I would buy.

As much as he did not show it I knew Wess had had enough of it making me desperate, willing to just take anything that was decent enough so finally after the longest time I decided to give up and buy a black pair of nice Gucci heels with a nice decent dress that I did not particularly like but it would have to do. We walked out of the shop carrying the two paper bags not satisfied but what could I do. We walked back to the car, head tipped down with the hoodie hiding my face. We got to the car and drove back.

"Thank you Wess," I said as I walked out of the elevator, my eyes falling on him. Mr Rosewood stood pacing at the living room phone in hand, his eyes turning to me with his hand going up mentioning the time to me before turning around talking to his phone. I sighed, rushing to the room, taking out all I bought shimmering through the dress and slipping in the heels. My hair was a crazy mess, tried to comb it, my skull nearly ripping off with my face burning red now as I combed the mop from hell, a decision being made as I huffed it looking presentable. It would have to do. I walked to his closet, picking up his cologne and looking around to see if he would not catch me, spraying it just a little then putting it back. I did not have my own so yeah.

"Mel lets go," he pooped his head through the door nearly making me just thinking of how he almost caught me. My heart drummed turning to look at him seeing that he was still wearing his suit from earlier, the three top buttons of his shirt undone, his hair messy, the jacket off with the sleeves folded up. He looked tired yet so handsome it was crazy.

I bit my lip, walking out of the room following behind him as we stood waiting for the elevator to open which it did and we walked in. The doors closed, the silence driving me crazy not knowing if I was the only one sensing the tension but it had me run my hands against each other nearly loudly letting the breath I held out. We walked to the garage, moving past the car I usually used to another which was a red sports car, watching him walk around to open his door as I did the same after seeing that it was just a normal door not wanting to embarrass myself if it was those wing doors or whatever, can you just imagine.

I slid in, the car warm and smelling like leather which covered the interior. I pulled the belt, clipping it down as the engine roared out loud my palms sweaty, so nervous with my heart at my throat. I could not help but steal a glance or two watching as reversed then drove out of the garage, eyes on the road.

I wanted to say something, wanted to break the silence yet I found it hard opening my mouth only to close it deciding to just let it be, my eyes falling outside, watching the city lights- a beautiful sight that I could not tear my eyes from, watching the busy streets with the shops we passed, everything looking glorious at the light of night.

My eyes tore away as the car came into a stop in front of a restaurant that looked deserted, wondering what was happening here as the valet opened my door with me slipping out saying a thank you. A smile creped on my face, my heart drumming, watching my husband walking around the car and stopping right next to me, hand on my back, my hands shaking sure that the whole restaurant was pretty much empty which meant he booked it out, such an expensive restaurant booked out for me. I could not help my heart, this was something no one had ever done for me or came close. My hands were shaking as I walked not wanting to jump too quickly deciding to wait until we got inside. Maybe he did care?