WAITING TO BE SLAUGHTERED

Here we were again, waiting in the peak of night, shivering, my mind all over the place, thinking of this scenario and that one. It seemed like I was always doing this, waiting to be slaughtered like a chicken.

It was fifteen minutes after one and sleep was the last thing in my mind. I wore a long night dress with my panties on. Blankets were pulled up to my chin as I sat, eyes not moving from the door.

Prayers had been said, tears had been shed and now I felt raw, I wish I could say I was numb, not feeling anything but hell I felt everything. My face was burning with all the crying that had happened and the tissue piled up at the night stand, my red eyes getting sore from all the blowing happening.

The television had been turned on as a way to destruct me but even with the volume so high I could not hear anything besides the ringing in my ears. I could not go through with this again. There was no way I could survive that again, being ripped apart while awake, being torn into shreds and feeling every inch of your body crying in pain. Tears flood through my eyes again, blinding all the lights, making everything blurry. How could one ready themselves for going through such a thing? My whole body shook as I thought of how I had probably brought this on myself. I should just run away, being hunted by police was better than this, but was it? The thought of both the U.S and Russian police hunting me was not something anyone could survive. I just could not decide who I feared more.

The door swung open as I wiped my eyes, trying to see clearly. A hush of cold air brushed across my skin as new found fear gripped me aggressively, so much so that I was hyperventilating. His figure stalked towards the bed as my sobs broke through. I had no fight in me, fear left me paralysed to the point where as much as my mind was screaming my body could not comply. No one could help me now, no one could save me.

The room remained dim with the only light coming from the television, all I could see was the moving figure with the person paying no attention to me at all as he went about taking this and that then going to the bathroom where the shower was turned on the sound of running water filling the room, nearly being drowned by the laughter of two women from the movie playing. I closed my eyes, holding my breath. If only he could get on with because right now he was taunting me, making me lose my sanity but by bit.

It seemed like hours as my eyes sat at the closed door of the bathroom, not daring to move. I wanted to see him coming, wanted to hear him so he would not take me by surprise. I swallowed, willing myself to stop crying. I would not give him the satisfaction of seeing how badly he hurt me. I would not give in to his sick fantasies of taking me so brutally. I would be strong and hold on to the word that soon he would be the one begging for help and mercy.
The door opened and out Lucifer walked, a towel wrapped around his waist, droplets of water still rolling down his abs and back as he ruffled his wet hair. He walked past the bed, not sparing me even a single glance as he walked to the closet where he dried off completely and pulled up a pair of briefs, putting on some deodorant then heading back into the room.

I watched him, tracing all his moves, I watched him like a hawk, not really seeing anything besides a huge bulky figure moving around. He walked back to his side, taking up the remote and turning the television off, leaving the room as dark as the word itself. My eyes could barely see anything as my whole body shook.

The bed dipped and he rolled on his side, sighing before pulling the silky top sheet to cover his body with his musky scent filling my nostrils making me shake even harder. I don't think I even blinked.

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock.

I was losing my mind, I felt like ripping all my hair out as he lay still there with the time ticking away. It was an hour later when he spoke, his husky deep voice making me yelp in fear.

"Sleep before you faint," and that was that. He was toying with me and I did not appreciate it one bit. I sat there, not moving and just waiting for him to pounce on me. If I did not know what he was capable of I would sleep, if I did not know how evil he was I would have relaxed but I knew exactly who he was and how ruthless he was so I was not going to close my eyes even for a second. I would not let my guard down. A tear escaped and I caught it with my finger, shaking my head. I hated this, hated how he made me so paranoid, so helpless and so worthless. I hated how he made me feel, the control he had on me. More tears trickled down, not helping my headache even in the slightest. My eyes felt as if they had been constantly roughed up by a sand paper along with my throat.

The room was so quiet I could hear myself breath. I watched as his chest slightly rose and fell, him looking so beautiful and innocent. He looked like a man that could shield you from all the brutality of the world, he looked like a man who would sweep you off your feet never to put you down but I knew the real him. Looks were so deceiving it had me shaking my head. Lord I hated him with such passion.

My eyes opened as quickly as a lightning bolt as I woke up, my head having dropped. My eyes scanned the room to find it as dark as before with the figure still not moving next to me. He slept so peacefully, not moving even an inch.

He looked dead, was he dead?
I did not get closer to investigate but knowing my luck he was well and kicking just here to torture me in my own hell.

I caught my head again, my eyes shooting open for the thousandth time. My eyes scanned around, taking everything in, still finding the man next to me deep in sleep. My eyes then moved to the clock next to me and it blinked twenty eight minutes past four, making me sigh in such exhaustion. My eyes were bleeding in pain and exhaustion as I tried sitting comfortably but failing, my body aching in every inch of it, not made to take such stress and strain.

The body next to me jolted up like the undertaker, causing me to scream and him to jump of landing on his two feet ready to pounce at the intruder. His eyes made contact with me where I sat with my jaw dropped, scared shitless. The clock was exactly at half past four, how was he able to do that? And why did he wake up as if coming from the grave?

I shook my head, shifting away, my mind contemplating on if maybe he is possessed but I laughed it off, thinking of how bad I needed sleep if I was thinking of such things now. He straightened up, rolling his neck, stretching his arms before turning around and walking to the bathroom with his hand having slipped in his briefs where he adjusted his cock and did a little scratching. The bathroom door was closed and the shower soon was turned on, making me sigh as I thought of how he had slept two and a half hours.

I turned around, my body not able to take it anymore as I drifted off in a state where I was sleeping yet aware of everything happening in the room. At some point I heard the door open and close again then to what seemed like hours later but probably a few minutes later I felt a finger gently moving across my cheek before I was tucked in the bed then there was nothing but darkness.

There was throbbing and constant hammering as if someone was nailing something within my head. I groaned, rolling and not willing to open my eyes. Frustration had me groaning again as two voices kept bickering with each other making my headache much worse.

"What did you do? You promised me, I swear to the lord I will take you off my will and disown you if you did anything to her." a voice that could only belong to grandma was heard.

"Relax Gram, I did not touch your precious girl, this is why I do not bring anyone here. You get too attached driven by these fantasies of having great grandchildren." Seith replied, seeming irritated.

"Wait, you have a will?" He asked seeming perplexed.

"Yes, who doesn't have a will?" Grandma asked.

"I don't." Seith said back.

"Well that is because you are stupid and have no one in your life besides your old grandma who you don't treat well."

"I treat you well Grams, you just like overreacting and one day you will give yourself a heart attack then who will I be left with?"

"Britney, She is all you need and you are just hurting her. Don't do what your father did. Do you see that you are exactly like him?"

There was a loud stretched silence as I listened to the conversation go on.

"She is awake," that was all that was said as I almost cursed, wondering how he knew. The door opened and closed, leaving the room as still as ever, making me wonder if they had both left.

"Morning my dear." A soft caring voice was heard as I turned, sitting on the bed and facing the kindly smiling, wrinkled women was staring back at me.

"Good morning Grandma, how are you?"

"Oohh good child, I was so worried about you all night. Did he do anything to you?" She asked as her feet carried her to the foot of the bed where she cupped my face in her soft hands, assessing it and then pulling me to her chest where I lay my head awkwardly yet I could not help but tear with the thoughts of how long it had been since I had got such comfort and care. I missed my mother.

"It will be okay, it will get better, just hold on my beautiful child." She whispered, kissing the crown of my hair as I cried, holding on tightly to her, feeling the weight of the world being pulled off.

"Thank you," I whispered pulling back as her contagious smile had me giving one back.

"Now go take a long shower and when you come back breakfast will be ready for you." She said as I gave her one last hug before getting off and heading to the bathroom. Getting there I took a long hot and steamy bath in the massive standing tub. I soaked in there, feeling all the exhaustion melt away. It was there that I knew that I would be alright, that I would pull through for I had a different strength, sacrifices had to be made but at the end I would come out free. I would do whatever it took and come out the victor.

Thirty minutes later I got out of the full tub, drying myself off before wrapping a towel around my body. I drained the water, cleaning the tub and wiping the floor before making my way out to the bedroom. Grandma sat on the balcony, the French doors opened with a table full of food in front of her as she drank her coffee while reading the daily times.

I quickly dressed up and walked out into the balcony, the air sending my wet hair moving about my back, the cold bits of wind biting my cheeks, leaving them rosy as I hugged myself it being just a bit nippy for my liking. I went back inside, pulling on a jumper and heading back out.

"It's going to rain later," Grandma said as I poured myself a cup of hot chocolate. I needed coffee to give me the energy to go on with my day but the hot chocolate just smelled too heavenly to just pass on.

"You look like hell." She said putting down the paper and taking up the coffee.

"I have not gotten much sleep in such a long time." I said sighing and taking a slice of toast, placing it in my mouth and chewing.

"Seith is waiting to give you a house tour after your breakfast." She said pouring more coffee for herself as I froze just where I was staring at her blankly.

She smiled shaking her head.

"He promised to behave dear, don't worry he won't hurt you for as long as I am alive. He promised." She continued shaking her head again while seeming deep in thought.

I sighed feeling relieved.

"Thank you Grandma."

"Anything for my future granddaughter-in-law. You know I never had a daughter myself and for long I had dreamed so when Seith's mother came along I was so excited yet so scared for her. Seith's father was something I cannot even mention."

Her hands were shaking, making me grab on to her hands squeezing tightly.

"Grandma please, you will get an attack again." I said, rubbing her hand trying to sooth her but her chest heaving too heavily to be good.

"Please come down, it's okay. He won't hurt me. He is not bad." I said, the words feeling like acid even in my mouth. I wanted to gag but she did not have to know that. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. When she had calmed down we proceeded with our breakfast.

"Where are the others?" I asked honestly curious.

"Dear child please do not worry about the others. It is too late for them and anything done now would only make matters worse especially because they do not stay here but will leave soon and we won't see the repercussions of us intervening."

I turned to look at grandma understanding but it not seeming fair at all, not even in the slightest. We walked out of the room with the help tidying everything inside. It had been the struggle as I had insisted on making the bed but the old lady who I had grown fond of threw a fit, voicing out her disapproval.

"Let me leave you then child. A guard will take you to Seith's office." She said, looking around for a guard she could call.

"Young boy, take my daughter to Seith's office." She mentioned to the boy who was quick to bow then wait for us to leave. I hugged grandma, kissing her cheek before letting go and watching her make her way to the elevator, thinking of how unpleasant this house tour would be.