SHOPPING

I held the pen in my shaking hands, the contract just before my eyes having read it over and over again the two witnesses that were needed already having signed not even knowing who the hell they were. I looked at it again, a contract that would bind us together till death do us part or divorce but I did not see him allowing that. I could not believe this, here I was again used and trapped.

"I am ready to do all this but I need you to promise me something first," I said looking at him, sitting in the bed I had slept in with him through the night wishing I could just strangle him in his sleep yet here morning came him pulling out the papers as if he had known what my answer would be but of course he knew, taking all the free will that I had been left striking when I was down like a coward.

"I am listening," he said looking smug in that prefect suit of his that held his amazing well-toned body.

Stop!

I mentally shook my head, biting my lower lip not liking such thoughts.

"You will not beat me, you will not force yourself on me and you will treat me with respect. That is all I ask." I said looking at him, serious, my heart hammering in my chest.

"I promise," he said as I nod my head hoping he would keep it, hoping he would be true to his word because that is all I had, his word was the best I could get.

I bent down, signing where they had placed the arrow stickers. I did not even think not wanting to think about it, a lump in my throat my heart sore yet there was nothing I could do, there was nothing I could say that would get me out of this. I was his wife now, I was his to do whatever the hell he wanted. I could not understand why he was doing this, he could have any girl he wanted yet here we were watching him as he sighed, closing the contract, his eyes falling on mine a smile tugging on his face. A smile that would have made my heart skip a beat yet I found it hard the reality of what had just happened weighing on me just exhausted really wanting nothing more than to get back in bed and sleep, maybe I would feel better when I wake up.

"A statement will be issued to clear your name." His voice graced my ears, watching him curiosity eating at me wondering how he had done it, how he had turned from being hunted to literally owning Interpol having them eat from his palm.

"How did you do it?" I asked watching him place the document in an envelope.

"I hacked into Interpol using your equipment, giving you bits and pieces of false information. I watched them from my office, recording all their dirty work through their computers and when they took me breaking so many rules in the process the camera in my shirt captured the director himself in action, it was just the nail in the head." He said standing up from the messy bed looking like the devil himself in his black suit.

"So you knew all along that I was an agent?" I asked not believing my ears, he had played me totally making a fool out of me.

"Of course," He said walking towards the bed, a kiss placed on my forehead taking me by surprise leaving me frozen, my mouth hung open whatever I wanted to say long gone hating the way my body just melted against him, hating how his touch drove me crazy. If only it was that easy to just turn off your feelings then this man would be dead to me.

"Do you need anything?"

His moods were giving me a whiplash.

"I don't know, I think I need to get some supplies and groceries," I said biting my lower lip watching him opening drawers looking for something finally getting it and walking around the bed giving me the card.

"The pin is 2345."He said as I nodded my head watching him walk out the room going to work without even eating breakfast but why did I care, I should not care, I should be hating the shit out of him yet I found the next words slipping out of my mouth.

"Bye,"

Shoot me in the head.

My head hit the pillow as I sighed, taking the card, my eyes taking in the words written in gold on the matte black surface.

Seith R. Rosewood
My eyes rolled over finally taking off the gown which I had slept in and let me tell you, it is one of the most uncomfortable things to sleep in. I threw it on the floor sighing in relief, the silky sheets kissing my bare skin as I fell in love digging myself into this heavenly bed. My eyes stared at his pillow wishing to just take a single sniff having my head shaking. I shouldn't, I said in my head not believing we were married like how insane was that.

I rolled away looking at the window, the sun rising up the sky, the blue sky having thick strokes of orange taking over making it look heavenly, my eyes closed as I drifted off to sleep making up for all the lost time.

I woke up past midday feeling well rested, my body was still sore yet feeling a bit more energetic as I walked to the bathroom and sat down on the toilet seat peeing, the sensation being one that had me groan feeling my bladder empty while my eyes took in the double vanity sink with the black marble counter tops and the mirror above it. I wiped, the toilet flashing as I stood up walking to the mirror and staring at myself nearly gasping. I was never one to fret on my appearance but this was just crazy, I looked terrible; dark marks under my dull eyes, bones sticking out,  my hair like a freak show, a few bruises on my face the most pronounced one being the one I got from that kick that left my cheek burning for days. I shook my head not believing all that I had went through, it seemed like a movie right now yet it had been surreal never wanting to go back there, never wanting to fight for my life in such a way, never wanting to reach the low I had.

I turned from the mirror hating what I saw, the tap was turned on, stepping back waiting for the water to get warm and when there mist filled the shower I got in closing the shower door. I washed my hair then body, taking my time, this time enjoying the water something I would have never thought to go on for days without wanting it so badly my eyes would shimmer with tears. I closed my eyes not wanting to think of all that had happened to me wanting to leave it in the past but how could I.

Done I stepped out of the shower feeling so light and clean, walking over to the sink, opening the drawers looking for an extra toothbrush finding it and brushing my teeth, going back to do the bed then dress up. There was no dryer having my hair left a wet mess definitely tangling in the process as I stood looking at what I could pull off from his closet there not being much that would not make me look insane. I walked in the closet it basically smelling of nothing else but him definitely one of my favourite parts of this house. My eyes fell on a black shirt that was so large I could definitely pull it off so I took it out seeing that it was ironed pulling it in and buttoning the buttons. It went just mid-thigh which was cool so I went on looking for something else to not make it obvious finding a biker's jacket. My eyebrows flared up nearly laughing as I looked at the jacket definitely going to ask him about it throwing it over my shoulders the outfit totally working out, something that was actually really cool slipping on his Adidas slides feeling so hot as I pulled up his black Adidas cap totally wanting a picture of this as I walked out feeling myself.

The card was picked up as I walked through the kitchen, my key card on the counter which I also took placing it on the sensor, the elevator doors opening a scream nearly breaking through me as my eyes took in the two guards that stood at the corners of the elevator like what the hell.

Had they been standing in there all along?

Was that even safe?

"Hello," I said doing a little wave still stunned really my voice a bit shaky.

"Yes ma'am," the guards said, the doors closing making it very apparent that I was in an elevator with two bulky men that looked like serial killers not that I was judging or what.

The doors opened as we reached ground floor nearly making me sigh as the doors opened. I quickly stepped out followed by one guard on my heels the other staying in the elevator that only went to the penthouse.

We walked across the parking lot, the guard pressing the key, the black tinted car lighting up as I opened the door beating him to it which he did not like as he gave me a look that I would take as a warning. I slipped in, the door closing behind me with the guard walking around sliding in the driver's seat starting the car it soon moving and driving out the lot.

"Please keep your head down ma'am and take as little time as possible. As much as the police will not respond to the people's calls the statement is still not out and the people will stir when they see you." He said, my head nodding as we parked at the underground parking of the mall already making a note of where I would go.

My door was opened as I slipped out, my heart drumming, my nerves set ablaze as we took the elevator to the fashion court. The doors opened, my head immediately cast down yet it was too full there being no way I could walk with my head down so I grabbed the guard's arm feeling him tense as I hooked mine to his, following him.

"Can we please go to Forever 21," I said walking after him hardly catching up with his long strides that left me running next to him bumping and bumping into people, a lot of sorries carried in the air. I could finally breath when I saw that we were walking into a shop, peaking up a little making sure people were busy looking at clothes as I pulled my arm from him quickly going to take undergarments, two jeans, two sweat pants, six t-shirts and socks then just pulling the first sandals I saw and house slippers not sure if I got everything but this being enough for the time being.
I could feel him behind me hovering which probably caught a lot of people's eyes as I quickly grabbed all I needed with no care what was falling or what, feeling the burn of the stares my head bent even low.

"Counter," I said hooking my arm to his my head so low feeling the buzz of people wondering about the weird couple with the man that kept on hovering over the poor child. Getting to the counter I placed my basket filled with clothes the card, slipped on the counter head cast down looking at my outgrown nails that I had to seriously cut.

"Pin," The voice of the female cashier came snapping me from my thoughts looking up having forgot my eyes locking with the lady that looked to be around her early thirties. Recognition set in seeing the panic as she tried not to show but it was written all over her face making me quickly punch the pin, my guard sighed probably giving the lady the most frightening stare as she paled her eyes now on the six feet tall mountain of a man next to me.

She was frozen in place as I pulled away the card waiting for my slip which I would need to get out of the door yet she was too shocked to move the paper bags on the counter making me snatch them, leaving the receipt and turning away following my guard. Hell broke loose as the lady screamed for the store guard at the door, the store guard looking confused with every one turning to look at the scene as I dashed out the door the guard calling after me for my receipt yet we were out blending with the crowd, head pointing down and heart thudding making it nearly impossible to even breathe. I wanted to laugh, all this leaving me laughing of how crazy this was.

The next stop was the large grocery shop, my guard with the troll as I walked next to him head down picking a lot of things even those that I would not need yet my nerves making it hard for me to even read just taking and taking definitely going to read later, time not on my side with all the craziness.