TERRORRIST

Melissa's POV
I woke up with a start, my eyes frantically taking all corners of the dark room and mind clouded with a fog of confusion, heart drumming with hands shaking, beads of sweat covering my forehead.

The sound that woke me up came again, my body jumping on the mattress, my hand on my chest ready to freak out yet I was able to keep my cool my hand grabbing for the phone, ringing so loud it would bleed my ears.

Looking at the number, I saw that it was an international number making me nearly ignore the call yet I found myself accepting it, the phone in my ear.

"Hello?"

"Melissa this is Camilla you need to get out of there." Her voice was frantic as if she was running, barely hearing what she was saying.

"...You need to get out of there now. The boss did not want to arrest Mr Rosewood, he wanted to take him and beat up a confession then blackmail him with it taking over the whole cartel. They will force him to continue being the face of it when it is actually no longer his but theirs. Mr Rosewood is in custody and now they are tying lose ends. You need to get out of there now Melissa and run, they will not stop before they kill you. I barely got out. Run!" The line died leaving me sitting there, my mind playing the conversation over and over again trying to make sense, my mind picking slowly with my heart thumbing.

"Oohh no! What have I done?"

My feet hit the floor in a speed unknown to man, rushing to the closet and discarding my clothes. I pulled on a pair of black leggings, black t-shirt and sweater pulling on some running shoes and a black cap on. My hands were shaking, my whole body on freak, and my mind here and there thinking about Mr Rosewood then thinking about Interpol. All in all I was a mess, everything collapsing on the floor in the dark room taking this and that. I took a bag, throwing in a few clothes along with my wallet. I ran, taking my phone only to throw it on the floor realising I could not take it.

Tears blinding my eyes, I was an outlaw now. I would be hunted like a dog and I did not even do anything. I could not breathe, could not think as I ran to the door halting in my steps nearly knocking the door as I heard footsteps just at the other side. My whole body froze, shock leaving me like a pole everything just going stand still around me.

I knew I should run, knew I should bolt but my limbs could not move, my mind deciding to take a vacation really. It was the first shot on the door that had me turn around as if some kind of a supernatural, bolting to the bathroom, everything hazy around me. All my training was gone as I stepped on the toilet seat, jumping over the small window, my ribs crushed with the pain moving in waves yet the adrenaline kept me pushing out as the sound of the front door hitting the floor, wood shuttering, filled the air.

I wiggled out, my bag falling on the floor, my eyes turning back to look at it knowing I could not jump back in to take it. I jumped over the window leaving everything I had, the little that I had, back. My body hit the concrete ground hard as it rolled over, dogs barking loud. Everything was moving so fast, I did not know what was happening as I got up running, the only sound from my hammering heart in my throat, the loud barks being heard but the sound not registering and everything moving past me so fast as I ran.

I ran as if my life depended on it but of course it did. I ran, my tears streaming down my face not even sure my feet were touching the ground, my chest tightening with my throat burning, the lights not helping with everything blurry. I did not know where I was, did not know what street it was yet I kept running, pushing on and on, the adrenaline kicking the panic up a knot and my body moving in action, the skills of flight on high.

I could hear cars honking, not sure if honking for me but I kept moving, jumping now and again my whole body shaking. The air was hard on my skin, bruising it and leaving it burning but I did not care, at that moment my life was turned upside down and I did not have anyone to run to.

My steps slowed down until I stood looking around me realising where I was, my chest was heaving up and down, harsh breaths leaving my perched lips, the tears having dried up itching my skin. My eyes took in every corner, taking in every person passing even the littlest sound setting me off my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath.

I knew where I had to go, knew where I would rest for the night getting the little supplies they could give so I would be able to leave the country. I straightened up, shaking my body before casually walking in the street like I was just an ordinary person taking a walk.

My feet carried me to the back alley where I now stood looking at the house seeing the police move in and out, turning it upside down my heart drumming, the pain shooting through me of how I had brought this to Marlin who was at the front porch looking horrified in her pink granny night gown and slippers. They took what they wanted, talking to her as if she had no brain even threatening her of how they would lock her up if she was lying.

My body shook from both the cold and the fear as I watched all the police walk down the steps, getting on their cars and driving off or acting as if they were driving off knowing that they were not going anywhere but would stay out of the house since they had already checked it.

I watched Marlin go back in, closing her door so I manuavered around the back of the houses until I reached her backyard jumping in through a bathroom window that had been open, careful to not make noise as I sank to the tile floor with such ease my instructor would have been proud.

My ears could hear the pacing lady around the house hugging from all the mess. My eyes took in every corner of the room sure that it was empty, slowly walking to the door opening it and slipping out. I walked through the halls, my eyes on alert ready to defend myself if need be. I could see her trying to make the bed which they had torn apart, her body shaking.

I walked behind her, my hand going over her mouth her body shaking against my hold freezing where she was, the tears immediately falling on my hands every part of her being shaking. I knew I had caused this, knew that she had gone through this because of me, hating to see her so scared in her own house.

My hand went on her shoulder slowly turning her around to face me, hand still on her mouth making sure she would not scream. She almost fainted seeing me, her eyes nearly bolting out of their sockets more tears streaming out with my hand easing from her mouth. I did not know if she was happy or sad to see me but of course happy, I mean it was Marlin, practically a mother figure to me.

"Hi Marlin, please don't make a sound." I said, my voice low watching her reaction as she nodded her head trying to come to terms with me being there. I wondered what they told her, hoped she was not afraid of me, I mean how could she? I had spent too much time with her and if there was someone I trusted whole hearted it was her and that beautiful heart of hers.

"What happened? The police were looking for you, they said you are a terrorist." She said, more tears spilling out.

"No Marlin, please no, they are setting me up. They want to kill me." I said, shaking my head frantically, my own tears falling down, my heart breaking at the new label they had given me. They were supposed to be the good guys, they were supposed to always tell the truth. I could not understand how they could use me like this, could not understand the greed they had. I closed my eyes willing the pain away, this was too much for me, I could not do this. Why did this always happen to me?

I took a step back, opening my eyes, my shoulders slumping down not knowing what to do or go. I just wished I would had never come here, wished I would have stayed in Swaziland, things like this don't happen there, I would be safe and happy. I was in over my head and look at me now. I had no one and no place to go sure that by tomorrow my face would be in every street on every TV station and radio.

"Can I just stay here for a few hours until they call off their night patrols then I promise I will be out before the sun even rises, please Marlin please?" I begged, walking towards her and grabbing her shaking hands barely holding the sob in, my own body shaking.

"Melissa you are like a daughter to me, of course you can stay here and I will get a bag filled with sandwiches for you to take when going." She said dragging me in her arms where I collapsed not being able to hold the sob. Her arms felt like home with her soothing voice.

It was an hour later where I lay next to her sleeping form, her chest rising up and down sleep running far from me, my fear keeping my eyes on the door watching and waiting. I had not took off my clothes only having took off my shoes just in case I had to leave in a hurry, it was one in the morning, the darkness filling the room making it look creepy.

I took the remote besides the bed, turning on the TV my face being the first thing I saw as I watched in horror not believing only to turn the volume down so not to wake Marlin.

"The search is still on for Britney Wilson or should I say Melissa Dlamini who has been a double agent for the US and Russian government. The police have searched her house finding more evidence tying her to the missing files on the security codes that had been leaked just six months ago. The Russian ambassador has refused comment on the matter while the search is going on. It seems Miss Dlamini the twenty-six year old had corrupted a few of the Interpol agents including Miss Camilla Evans who has been missing for the last twenty hours after not reporting for duty just this morning. Now we have Senator McCain." The reporter stated, heading over to senator McCain.

"Greeting to all watching this. I was shocked at this, it is sad that we take in these people, grant them jobs and here they are taking our secrets and selling them. These immigrates should not be even allowed to stay and work in this country. I just want to assure the public that we will catch these two women, bringing them to justice. If anyone hears or sees anything call the numbers below and we will bring justice to these criminals, these terrorists. The public should know that they are armed and dangerous, you should not be fooled by how young they look. Good morning American and goodbye."